CAPCOM GHOULS 'N GHOSTS on a CAPCOM CPS-1 ??? game board.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The seller tells you that it's a resale conversion right in the description.

Last edited:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Yup, in paragraph one, line one, sentence three, key word and phrase three: "Japan Resale Conversion."

Heh, when I read "Japan Resale Conversion," I wondered if GHOULS 'N GHOSTS comes in a United States Resale Version too.

-----

n. eBay Listing: "Daimakaimura" CPS1 PCB set by Capcom. (P1, L1, S1.) Daimakaimura is the Japanese version of Ghouls'n Ghosts. (P1, L1,S2.) This is the Japan Resale Conversion. (P1, L1, S3.)

Last edited:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
When does ARTHUR require a :B: board with all EEPROMS and a :C: board with an extra button harness connector to rescue the PRINCESS from SATAN? :D

Last edited:

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
I was going to mention that my GnG board had a C board as well... but I see you linked to an image of one.

That board is definitely a boot... sure it takes time to make them but for 200.00?! People are now even selling Progear boots for 250.00 now... blows my mind that people are paying that for them.

Craziness.

edit-- Wish I never sold my PCB... did not realize at the time how hard it was going to become to get another one, nor how much they would start going for.

Last edited:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
According to MAME, there is a Daimakaimura (Japan Resale Ver.).

It has :B: board # 91634B-2; :B: PALs# DAM63B, BPRG1, and IOB1; :C: board # 92631C-6, with a CPS-B-21; and :C: board PALs# C632 and IOC1.

The only board pic I can find of this DAM release is on SHUMPS, on page two, of that FS thread. I can't find pic. for this board on another another site.

3. O.E.M. CAPCOM Daimakaimura (Japan Resale Ver.).

...That board is definitely a boot... sure it takes time to make them but for 200.00?! People are now even selling Progear boots for 250.00 now... blows my mind that people are paying that for them....

The way I understand it:

Boots are not cheap to make and not easy to sell.

Boots need Money, Parts, Chips, Burner, Programmer, Tech Time, and Shelf Time.

Last edited:

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
Interesting. Those Windowed ROMs though are a dead giveaway that this was a homemade conversion. No doubt there is a "Japan Resale conversion" but if this one was official they (Capcom) certainly would have put stickers on them.

The fact this guy is selling a "phoenixed" (nice way to put it) version of Progear with an obvious fake label only furthers my suspicion he is making them himself.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
That's what I'm thinking too.

I was hoping to see CAPCOM game ID stickers on the board too.

Hard to believe that all the stickers could have fallen off such a nice and clean looking CAPCOM board.

Last edited:

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
All ROMs on all Japanese CPS boards are on EPROMs, no exception (if it's not windowed it's an OTPROM, not a MASK ROM).
The real giveaway for a homebrew conversion/boot is the MASK ROM TYPE B-board as opposed to the JEDEC EP-ROM type B-board of the legit Japanese resale version.

To make this boot they used a US Street Fighter II Champion Edition board. The 8 GFX ROMs were burned onto non-JEDEC 27C400 EPROMs as the standard 27C4096 wouldn't be compatible (without major and unsightly rewiring). For sound and program ROMs the stock EPROMs were erased and reburned. So the cost of the boot is SF2CE + 8 EPROMs + 1 PAL. Needless to say it's well below 200 dollars (60-70, I would say).

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Right now, IMHO, if you can make a boot copy of a CAPCOM game, then the price of an original copy is worth a little more than the price of a boot.

But, just how much more depends upon who's making the boots and who's buying the originals.

jepjepjep

King's Dry Cleaner
This is the first English boot I've seen. Usually they are the JP resale version.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
That's cause the 2nd JP GHOULS board is on SF2 CPS-1 type hardware.

The first two (JP & US) GHOULS boards are not.

WilalvesBR

NEST Puppet
How about this one:

s_MLB_v_F_f_213608565_20.jpg

s_MLB_v_F_f_213608565_8637.jpg

s_MLB_v_F_f_213608565_1387.jpg

The game rom board has no Capcom labels, no Capcom logomark and no JEDEC EPROM/4MB Mask rom indication.

Seller says it's original but didn't provide in game pictures and did not answered about the game region.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
How about this one:

That's a conversion. The real Ghouls 'N Ghosts have a very distinct look to them and cannot be confused with another CPS-1 board.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
That :B: (ROM) board is NOT an OEM CAPCOM part.

But, the :A: (system) board and the :C: (custom graphics) board are OEM CAPCOM parts.

The :A: board could come from any CPS-1 game, like FINAL FIGHT or MAGIC SWORD.

And the :C: board looks like its from a FINAL FIGHT or a MAGIC SWORD board.

IMHO, if you are looking for a REAL GHOULS board, then this board is NOT it.

See post #6 and post #8, up above, for REAL GHOULS board pics. ;)

Last edited:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
"Daimakaimura" (Ghouls'n Ghosts) Jamma arcade game CPS1 pcb by Capcom

4 MB MASK-ROMS on a JAPANESE CPS-1 Board!?!? :eek_2:

I like the first two lines of the listing:

"Daimakaimura" (Japanese version of Ghouls'n Ghosts) Jamma arcade game CPS1 pcb by Capcom. Japan resale conversion.

Makes me think CAPCOM made the Japan resale conversion of "Daimakaimura" (the Japanese version of Ghouls'n Ghosts). :lolz:

Last edited:

masterturk

n00b
I thought the resale version was only compatible with the jedec type b board, as all jap boards are that type...

I didnt think it was possible on a 4mb mask rom type, he must have used another set of roms...