PAL & NTSC wows.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I see some people have trouble with this when trying to get their NeoGeo working on TV's. Now if I read the MAME source right there is a flag that can be set to force the NeoGeo into either PAL or NTSC frequencies.

Now my question is would this fix the issues people have with displaying output on TV's and if so would it make a good new option for the UNIVERSE BIOS if its possible to implement?

Raz

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Razoola
and if so would it make a good new option for the UNIVERSE BIOS if its possible to implement?
most european tvs, that can handle rgb are able to handle 60hz & ntsc as well. afaik.
imo, there's no need for that option.

anyway ...
when will the new version be available? can't f*ckin' wait. drool_2

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
That may affect/adjust the internal timing of the game, but I wonder if that will work for the actual video signal as the video decoder chip is set at pal/ntsc with external hardware jumpers, not to mention the video crystal differences.

Jeff

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
JMKurtz:
That may affect/adjust the internal timing of the game, but I wonder if that will work for the actual video signal as the video decoder chip is set at pal/ntsc with external hardware jumpers, not to mention the video crystal differences.

Jeff
Yes, Im not sure either though I think some of the SS games actually allow this setting to be changed via their debug DIPS. I here doing this does affect the OSD but in what way I dont know.

Raz