Polycount Brawl: Terry Bogard

Ukyo

20 Year Member
hey guys.

there is a 3D character redesign comp that just finished up last week at polycount.com. public voting starts within a few days.

i just wanted to share my entry with you, basically approached this as a garou 2 design for terry. let me know what you think.

the spec fits within the polygon budget for current gen consoles.

terry_brawl_beauty01.jpg

terry_brawl_beauty02.jpg

terry_brawl_tpose01.jpg

terry_brawl_tpose02.jpg

terry_brawl_tpose03.jpg

terry_brawl_spec01.jpg

terry_concept_final.jpg

AGAIN...LEGENDARY MEN...RETIRE!

15 years after Fatal Fury's final chapter [Garou: MOTW] the "Legendary Hungry Wolf" withdraws from the fighting circuit. Forced to bow out by a new generation of younger, stronger, more effeminate males; he hangs up the ol' hat and joins the "Second South LOCAL 330 Builders."

...but is an honest days work really enough to get this broken soul out of bed in the morning?

Recently divorced from Blue Mary after a rocky 5 year marriage, and fresh off a smoke'n rebound with [still snooty as ever] B. Jenet, Mr. Bogard may still have some left in the tank.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
thanks, if you right click and then hit view image, you can see the full size images.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Looks pretty good. But you might have some issues with deformation in a few places.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
On a technical level, these are very well rendered. I'm not big on the concept, but that's not really important. Just wanted to give you a compliment on good work:)

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
Excellent job, man! I really dig the idea of an older Terry re-entering the battle.

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner
I really like this concept. The more aged a martial arts character becomes, the more powerful they seem to be. Next let's see Grandpa Terry.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Good work but I don't like the look. Doesn't look like Terry at all, not even through age progression. Looks more like a white hick version of Gen from SF.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Great job overall. I like the backstory and design, though he looks like an over-the-hill Thor. XD

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
On a technical level, these are very well rendered. I'm not big on the concept, but that's not really important. Just wanted to give you a compliment on good work:)

ditto

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Is this an entry of some sort of contest? Just saw the other thread with the Sam Sho background design and that seems to be another entry.

ed: nvm, I just saw the thread in Unrelated.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Oh yeah,the character model totally reminds me of EBM.

1266456147198.jpg

Fett

Camel Slug
My favorite 2 characters from the competition so far are Cammy and Raphael. The young Akuma and Kabal are also very nice.
beautyshot22.jpg

Comp.png

beauty2.png

kabal2.jpg