Neo Candy help desperately needed

Help! I received my new Super Neo 29 last night. It looks almost new, but has a couple major probs. I thought I'd inspected it good, but there was a hot wire grounded and it blew the power supply and the line conditioner (noise suppressor?). It was ugly.

Anyone know where to purchase the line conditioner and power supply I need? The ones at Happ are the standard American PS. This one has all the buttons on the front, for test, service, degauss, etc. It also has the Molex connectors on the top to plug everything in.

If no one sells these, does anyone re-build them? Thanks a lot.

Brent (bummed)

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
I'd verify first that not just the PSU fuse blew.. that's easy enough to replace.
if that failed, you can usually take out the PSU itself, I doubt the PSU actually has the buttons on it (if it does, shoot the guy who built that).

No it wasn't the fuse. In fact, the fuse didn't blow at all. Doesn't that seem a bit odd?

And the buttons are on the PS. http://home.earthlink.net/~brentsg/neops.jpg

I'm not an electronics whiz, but it seems strange that the wire hitting the cabinet metal would do this.

Edit: the wire grounding on the cabinet did do this. I repaired the loose wire, substituted the power supply and noise filter from my Candy 25 and it's up and running. I'll be getting a replacement PS from the vendor, so all will be ok.

Brent

[ August 28, 2001: Message edited by: brentsg ]