Mvs 6 slot help.

Hello everyone, first post ever so go easy on me.:smirk: I have recently put together my first 6 slot mvs in a original cab, and it works and plays games perfectly. Not bad for my first time with one of these monsters. I do though find myself in a bit of a problem. The first thing is my audio works through speakers but only through the head phone jack no sound through the speaker port. I have slid them both up and down, but the head phone side is the only one that works. So I was wondering if anyone new where to get a new amp for that board, and if anyone new where to buy some el panels at. Thanks for the help.

Lokre

New Challenger
bumping this for one of my best friends. As best I can figure he has a bad amp on the board? any insight would be much appreciated.

Are the cables for the speakers wired in the harness for the neogeo setup which is different then the standard jamma?

Lokre

New Challenger
I believe so, what has me concerned is that while the board gives audio at the headphone jacks, it's incredibly low even when using the slider at max

haven't tried powered speakers though, that was going to be his next step

Yea the powered speakers do make the sound much better no big deal I will just mount them in the inside and raise the speaker cone to the hole and make it look flush outside with a bracket mounting it on the inside.

xhiltch

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Last edited:
Those are nice I found that guy on ebay I also found another dude that gets cabs in and redoes them he had four of them for sale and said they worked like new. Sold them to me for 22 bucks for 4, said if they weren't bright enough or didn't work I could return them for a refund. I guess the next step is getting a recap kit, I'm ok with soldering so I guess I'll wait and see and post pics when I'm done. Thanks everyone for the help.

neo-mvs-man

New Challenger
Those are nice I found that guy on ebay I also found another dude that gets cabs in and redoes them he had four of them for sale and said they worked like new. Sold them to me for 22 bucks for 4, said if they weren't bright enough or didn't work I could return them for a refund. I guess the next step is getting a recap kit, I'm ok with soldering so I guess I'll wait and see and post pics when I'm done. Thanks everyone for the help.

Make sure you watch the video i sent you!
It's the third in a series of 3 and will show you how to solder the EL panels.
What are you changing the caps in??
Oh for the sound!
Did you wire up the speakers, so are familiar with how they're wired?? Are you sure there isn't another volume knob somewhere in the machine that you're missing?? If it was the caps around the audio wouldn't the headphone sound be messed up as well?
Are you sure you want to remove caps from an otherwise working board?

Last edited:

xhiltch

Kuroko's Training Dummy
like i said, one of the gurus should chime in. i dont want to lead you astray...so i guess you should further verify.... i would say channelmaniac is the authority here. he has guides and kits et al.
My 4 slot had very very low sound coming out of the speakers when the volume slider was cranked, but the headphone jack worked perfectly. i replaced the caps on the sound board and that fixed it perfectly.
so i assumed/guessed you have the same problem. i wish i could tell you why one side works when the other doesnt...

That is exactly what problem i'm having the audio on the headphones works but no sound from the speaker slider. I watched all those video's and saved them for when i get these el panels. I may need to look that dude up who has those kits and maybe see what he thinks.