RGB question...

The Black Knight

Cheng's Errand Boy
I have a Neo-Geo Cart System- Japanese - Serial# 140631. The RGB output through XRGB-2 stinks, whereas it's just fine through X-RGB-2 with Saturn. I am using cheap 3rd party Japanese 21-pin cables on Saturn, yet true SNK cables are on the Neo-Geo.

I want strong, crisp colors, like in the screenshots of this site. Any help on getting the RGB to not suck would be appreciated.

Thanks,

The Black Knight

My XRGB-2 Neo output is equal to the Saturn. My memory is sketchy, but did you try the little slider switch that is used to toggle between PCB / system? I'm not sure that's it, but it's worth a flip.

Brent

shinhed

Posting is overrated, ,
Originally posted by The Black Knight:
<STRONG>I have a Neo-Geo Cart System- Japanese - Serial# 140631. The RGB output through XRGB-2 stinks, whereas it's just fine through X-RGB-2 with Saturn. I am using cheap 3rd party Japanese 21-pin cables on Saturn, yet true SNK cables are on the Neo-Geo.

I want strong, crisp colors, like in the screenshots of this site. Any help on getting the RGB to not suck would be appreciated.

Thanks,

The Black Knight</STRONG>

I know exactly what you are saying. I have official neo and saturn (using an Xrgb-2) cables and my neo picture looks like shit but, my neocd and saturn picture look so very crisp. My jap neo cart system is in the 80000's. Can anyone tell me why?

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
one revision of the neogeo AES had a really sucky RGB output.. the following revision had much better one.