Anyone have experience with convergence strips?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm talking about these little beauties right here

Where in the world can I find these little bastards?

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
I have been looking for the thing for a while now. There was someone KLOV that had them for sale. But I never got an answer when I tried contacting him.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I've heard of people just using small magnets to achieve the same thing. I believe these strips are just thin magnets anyway.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
I believe the Hawkeye guy is retired now.

hedorah

New Challenger
I am looking for these as well, let me know if you find anything.

jew90

Geese's Thug
Have you tried making some yourself?

If you get something that is magnetic (i dont think it needs to be magnetised) like an iron strip etc, this will deflect the magnetisim caused by the crt and affect the convergence.

I imagine an old spoon / etc should work as long as a magnet will stick to it..

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
You have to look for permalloy strips as that's the proper name.

hedorah

New Challenger
I went ahead and ordered 5 of these, if i don't end up using them all, I will offer them up in this thread for anyone interested

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I got 9 of them from a woman at Wells Gardner a few days ago. Price? FUCKING FREE. She just sent them in the mail, and I didn't even have to pay shipping.

Why? They have a minimum order of $30, and they sell the "yoke tabs" for 67 cents each. But, she felt bad that I only needed a few, so she just shipped the ones in her desk. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Oh, do you need to contact them to order those? I tried looking on wells gardner a few times a while back, but I couldnt find them on their site.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Oh, do you need to contact them to order those? I tried looking on wells gardner a few times a while back, but I couldnt find them on their site.

Yeah, I had to call them directly. They are called "yoke tabs" and have a model number that I don't know off hand. When I get these in the mail (tomorrow?) I'll let you know how they worked out.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Well, I got them, and they DO work great. However, I got one of the magnets on the end of the strip STUCK behind the yoke, and can't get it out, now! lol...

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
No, I didn't... but if you call the number 708-290-2164 and ask for yoke tabs, she'll know what you're talking about. There is a minimum order of $30, so please know that you're going to have to buy like 50 some of these things.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
So I called the number that Spike gave and was able to order a bunch of them. Basically, the woman on the phone (who was very friendly and helpful) told me that they cost 50 cents each and that currently they have about 430 of them, but once they are gone, they will no longer restock them. She also let me order less than the minimum order. So I ended up ordering 30 of them, which is like $15, plus shipping (I am not sure how much that is, but since they don't weigh much, probably not a whole lot). I figure it's best to have some laying around if I ever need them.

The part number is: 009A2808-001 (those are zeros in the number)

Thanks Spike!

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
People, I'm telling you, there is NO WAY to fix the convergence on the edges without these! This is a hobby where the products are phasing out, so get them while you can,

ClubNinja

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
20 Year Member
Bump of an older thread. Has anyone attempted to order these recently? I've been calling the 708-290-2164 number off and on for a week, but have yet to reach an actual person. I only get a service guy's voicemail. Is there a new number or another contact available? Alternatively, as I'd really like a few of these, does anyone have some excess to sell?

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Try calling: 708-290-2100
That is the phone number listed on my invoice.

Bump of an older thread. Has anyone attempted to order these recently? I've been calling the 708-290-2164 number off and on for a week, but have yet to reach an actual person. I only get a service guy's voicemail. Is there a new number or another contact available? Alternatively, as I'd really like a few of these, does anyone have some excess to sell?

ClubNinja

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
20 Year Member
Try calling: 708-290-2100
That is the phone number listed on my invoice.

Thanks. For future generations, the number quoted above is the correct number at this time. I successfully placed an order yesterday.