One more problem! Easy one!!

The Webmiester

Pvt. Picklestein,
Hi again!
While I was inside my AES system, I noticed that the yellow wire from the daughter board had fallen off the main board! It's connected to the top of the crystal on the daughter board. Can someone tell me where the other end goes? Come on, this is an easy one...

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
if it's on top of the crystal (the crystal metal case), it should be connected to any ground spot.

The Webmiester

Pvt. Picklestein,
thanks man!
You seem to be in the know..
I'm getting "weak" sound out of the right channel (through the headphone jack). could this be because of the actual headphone jack? or is it something further inside?

The Webmiester

Pvt. Picklestein,
Also, when I open up my system there is only 1 wire going to the metal shielding. Should there be more than one?

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
I got the older style AES that didn't have a shielding.. but generally, 1 wire should do fine, in fact, it's not even needed since the shielding is connected to GND via the screws anyways. not sure about the sound problem, you could try to check with other headphones and see if any connections are loose around the headphone jack.

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
Yeah. Check the wires running to the jack. A weak signal is probablly a lose wire.

I think the top wire is left and the bottom one is the right.

Arakon?

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
my headphone jack is directly soldered to the board, no wires to it. but yeah, it's possible.. check if there's any cracked solder spots nearby too.

[ August 08, 2001: Message edited by: Arakon ]