Yes! Another Neo Candy Sound Problem!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Here is the scenario. I wired a old pc PSU to my MVS. I get sound out of my ancient board labaled NEO-MVH SLOT1F. So I connect the speakers to the headphone out to get sound, since it will not work any other way.
Anyone who has done this knows how low the sound is at MAX level.

I tested my cps2 in there and the sound is perfect, only with this Mvs board does it not work. So its obviously board related.

What I need to know is what the sound amp on the board is labeled so I can repair it.. Hell maybe the neo takes a different voltage out for sound and I wired the wrong one, cause I'm getting jack

S

ShinIoriYagami

Originally posted by Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
<strong>Here is the scenario. I wired a old pc PSU to my MVS. I get sound out of my ancient board labaled NEO-MVH SLOT1F. So I connect the speakers to the headphone out to get sound, since it will not work any other way.
Anyone who has done this knows how low the sound is at MAX level.

I tested my cps2 in there and the sound is perfect, only with this Mvs board does it not work. So its obviously board related.

What I need to know is what the sound amp on the board is labeled so I can repair it.. Hell maybe the neo takes a different voltage out for sound and I wired the wrong one, cause I'm getting jack</strong><hr></blockquote>

Dammn man i would snap if that happend to me well LWK all i can say is best of luck .'

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
LWK and I worked on it a bit in IRC. It looks like his speaker output on the board is whacked. He gets sound out of the headphone line but that is it.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
The headphone out is only an attenuated " speaker out", the audio output amp must be OK, I go along with Briggs, it sounds like, pun intended, something to do with the speaker out plug/socket, maybe a dry joint or oc track on the baord.
Have the diag for the HA13001 audio linear IC.
Can send if you are interested, its not specifically for the MVS but gives a general idea of the output stage.

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
I went the Duct Tape and Bailing wire route:

I told him to try running the headphone leads to RCA plugs and then through the stereo. If that works I would pick up a used car stereo booster EQ amp and run that in the cab.