old deticated cab

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
hey alls i have finally found a good priced cab local too me but and acording to the ad it is in working condition

but im alittle worried..if it is a really old deticated cab (as in not jamma) would it be a real hard job to convert it into a jamma cab?

or would it even be possible

also if it was really old and assuming the monitor is in alright condition would it be able to display the ammount of colors for a newer game (neogeo or cps2 most likely)

i have very little technical knowledge...infact that is why im buying this cab...to gain alittle

thanks for your time

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
The dedicated cabs are 99% Jamma. The only really major issue is they don't provide -5V to the Jamma harness which only some Jamma games need. You will be able to plug most any horizontal Jamma game right in and have no problems.

As far as the monitor, there are no color limitations. It is basically a big TV.

Get it and let us know how it goes! Good luck.

Robert

20 Year Member
I use the same system as you for my MVS 1 slot and I have no problem.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Briggs you are working on the assumption that it is a dedicated MVS cab. If this truly is an OLD arcade game...say like pacman, joust, donkey kong, robotron, etc. it is most certainly NOT jamma and would take a total rewiring to get it to work.

What game is this arcade game?

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
Originally posted by RevQuixo:
<strong>Briggs you are working on the assumption that it is a dedicated MVS cab. If this truly is an OLD arcade game...say like pacman, joust, donkey kong, robotron, etc. it is most certainly NOT jamma and would take a total rewiring to get it to work.

What game is this arcade game?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Rev is absolutely right - sorry to confuse. I was assuming that this was a dedicated MVS cab. If it is not, and you know what the game is, you can check on <a href="http://www.klov.com" target="_blank">KLOV</a> to see if the game is a Jamma class game. If it is not, you can buy a Jamma harness from <a href="http://personal.msy.bellsouth.net/msy/b/o/bob147/#top" target="_blank">Bob Roberts</a> and rewire the cab to be Jamma. In some cases, you will need to add a switching power supply as well, also available from Bob R.

As a matter of fact, I am going to have a project up on my site of doing exactly that. I will be taking an empty cab and putting all the parts in to make it a 2 slot MVS cab.

Sorry if I confused anybody, and thanks Rev for pointing it out.

300 Meg Pro Gear Spec

Looking forward to your 2 slot project Briggs ,

How many buttons on this old dedicated cab ? or accuatlly what game is it ?

[ January 27, 2002: Message edited by: 300 Meg Pro Gear Spec ]</p>