champions league quarter and semi draws

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
so the draw for the champions league quarter and semi finals is under way. i wonder who will be playing who, dunno what's going on just yet as its all just a bit of glitz and show before the draw actually takes place but i'll keep this thread updated as things continue to unravel. just hoping chelsea can avoid getting a team that will kill us. prolly not though, we tend to get the shaft this season.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
real madrid vs tottenham

chelsea vs man u

barcelona vs shakhtar

inter milan vs schalke

then semis:

inter or schalke vs chelsea or manu

real madrid or tottenham vs barcelona or shakhtar

home team in the final:

the winner of semi number 2. which could be either: tottenham, real, barca, or shakhtar.

Last edited:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
my opinions on these draws:

tottenham have a lot of fight in them, and harry is a fantastic coach. but is he enough to take out mourinho? i don't know. i know real has been on a decent run of form, and tottenham haven't been so much, but being 5th in the premier league doesn't mean shit it seems. i think with a playmaker like gareth bale taking on someone like ronaldo in mid field i don't know who will come out on top.

chelsea and manu. fuck manure, fuck em long and hard. we beat em three times last season, we've beaten em once so far this one, and they beat us in the community shield. it will be a match to be remembered. but i just have to stand by my blues. we've had a shite season, but everyone is coming out of injury this week from what i've read. with a full stocked defensive line back on, benayoun to feed the balls to torres like their liverpool days. i just don't see why we couldn't beat fergie (in the stands) and old potato headed rooney on the pitch.

shakhtar doesn't lose at home, i keep hearing about them having a great home record, and how they've won at the nou camp a couple years ago. barcelona want it, pep doesn't want to get burned again. people want barcelona gone though, and shakhtar could be giant killers. even though i don't think they deserve to be in it.

and as for inter and schalke, schalke just sacked their coach and are in some troubles. i give it to inter all the way. defending champs against some minnows from germany? inter has it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
my opinions on these draws:

tottenham have a lot of fight in them, and harry is a fantastic coach. but is he enough to take out mourinho? i don't know. i know real has been on a decent run of form, and tottenham haven't been so much, but being 5th in the premier league doesn't mean shit it seems. i think with a playmaker like gareth bale taking on someone like ronaldo in mid field i don't know who will come out on top.

chelsea and manu. fuck manure, fuck em long and hard. we beat em three times last season, we've beaten em once so far this one, and they beat us in the community shield. it will be a match to be remembered. but i just have to stand by my blues. we've had a shite season, but everyone is coming out of injury this week from what i've read. with a full stocked defensive line back on, benayoun to feed the balls to torres like their liverpool days. i just don't see why we couldn't beat fergie (in the stands) and old potato headed rooney on the pitch.

shakhtar doesn't lose at home, i keep hearing about them having a great home record, and how they've won at the nou camp a couple years ago. barcelona want it, pep doesn't want to get burned again. people want barcelona gone though, and shakhtar could be giant killers. even though i don't think they deserve to be in it.

and as for inter and schalke, schalke just sacked their coach and are in some troubles. i give it to inter all the way. defending champs against some minnows from germany? inter has it.

I don't see Shakhtar as giant killers. But I do think that Tottnum has the best chance of pulling the upset. They are a team built to match up to the best in terms of sheer speed. Bale, Modric, and Lennon are the best players you can ask for in a counter attacking scheme, behind Ronaldo, Oezil, and Di Maria. It's a good match up.

I am a bit bummed about Inter's draw, but hopefully their plane will be shot down from the sky as they fly to Germany. Dare to dream and all.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
I don't see Shakhtar as giant killers. But I do think that Tottnum has the best chance of pulling the upset. They are a team built to match up to the best in terms of sheer speed. Bale, Modric, and Lennon are the best players you can ask for in a counter attacking scheme, behind Ronaldo, Oezil, and Di Maria. It's a good match up.

I am a bit bummed about Inter's draw, but hopefully their plane will be shot down from the sky as they fly to Germany. Dare to dream and all.

yeah but if they were shot down, they might call off the competition. or make them honorary winners or some such tribute bullshit. i know some other chelsea fans who are unhappy with our draw mostly because they wanted to go to spain for a holiday and catch the match. instead its a ferry to liverpool and a bus to old crapper, err old trafford.

also change my name to Didier Drogba please, i think andy carrol has run his term haha

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
yeah but if they were shot down, they might call off the competition. or make them honorary winners or some such tribute bullshit. i know some other chelsea fans who are unhappy with our draw mostly because they wanted to go to spain for a holiday and catch the match. instead its a ferry to liverpool and a bus to old crapper, err old trafford.

also change my name to Didier Drogba please, i think andy carrol has run his term haha

The Yids aren't happy about match tickets costing 75£+ in Madrid.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
The Yids aren't happy about match tickets costing 75£+ in Madrid.

yeah the ticket prices are out of this world. though i'm sure those going to germany to see the schalke match wont complain as bundesliga teams seem to have low ticket costs somehow. maybe because they're not in debt up to their eyes.

big win over man city yesterday, and i'm john terry now. deadly

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
28upocm.jpg

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member

haha terrible photoshop edit but funny picture. maybe i'll cook up a JT avatar then.

though doing a google image search there's loads of ones from that awful champions league final. i hate seeing that, i went down the pub to watch that match and it was just sad. seeing manu get outplayed for 90+ minutes. then watching anelka miss, and john fall over, and knowing we were done. heartbreaking shit.

Last edited:

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
I hope Chelsea stuff Man U :buttrock:, Not any great Chelsea lover (Sorry JT) but really hate Manure.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
I hope Chelsea stuff Man U :buttrock:, Not any great Chelsea lover (Sorry JT) but really hate Manure.
well thats the thing i think we got a decent chance. i mean they're a team we play regularly every season. and we win against em, and we lose against em, but i'd say we have as good a chance as they do and hopefully can pull it off.

thubab2

n00b
so the draw for the champions league quarter and semi finals is under way. i wonder who will be playing who, dunno what's going on just yet as its all just a bit of glitz and show before the draw actually takes place but i'll keep this thread updated as things continue to unravel. just hoping chelsea can avoid getting a team that will kill us. prolly not though, we tend to get the shaft this season.

This is a very foolish draw han han!! Why should this useless people set (Man-u chealsea) together. They now give (barca) Amateur club. God will purnish those people 4 doing satan draw against man-u.