Me doin Xmen vs Street fighter Infinites

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
figured i'd just record it. this is my favorite 'vs' title over all of them. game is just really fun and full of stupid shit

Alright, here we go.
All you really need to start it is a launching sMP. I did wp, wk, mp, super jump, sp, wk, mp, mk, fp, delayed fp, super jump cancel, wp, mp fp, fall down, rejump wp mp fp, repeat. Basic variation.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member

Looks easier then it can be, but its by no means hard.

jump in mp, fp, rh.
Timing is key here. Best practiced on zangief, most effective on gief and juggernaut. Timing is a rhythm.

Last edited:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Haha, awesome, I was just thinking this forum needs an XVS thread! Yeah, my favorite versus as well. It's actually reasonably balanced and every character is workable.

I've been messing around with Zangief's midscreen relaunch infinite and his jumping lp-->lariat infinite. I still can't seem to get Storm's Lightening Attack Relaunch.

Thanks for posting the vids, if I can figure some stuff out I'll mess around as well.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Awesome man, feel free to contribute some info/videos.

What version are you playing on? I need to rebuy this as version 1, I dig version 2, but 1 was the true BS game.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
When I figure a rig up to hold my cell I'll capture a few combos, nothing too fancy though.

I think my board maaay be version 3. I swear Cyclops' FP drops quicker than the other vids I see, but then I always screw up Storms combo as well. It's USA, but there seems to be some sound effects missing (Optic Sweep) and Apocalypse doesn't have his pre-fight script. Any idea what's up with that?

I wish more people played this game, same goes for Alpha 2.

bummeredit: yup this is definitely version 3, which explains why i can't get down cyc's inf or storms LA inf. also jugs which should be dead easy. do you have any idea which the phoenix rom is based off of?

Last edited:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I finally figured out getting my phone vids on youtube!!! Hurray for me!

Here's one of Ryu's basic combos, the off the ground lets you get them from midscreen, but it's rollable of course. The air throws don't work on some characters, Gambit, Rouge, Magneto, and Juggernaut I think. The end bit is not necessary, but I wanted a flash screen finish ;)

Notation : cr. lk, cr.hp, sj.lp, sj.lk, sj.u.mk, qcb lk, s.lk (otg), f.mk, air throw, cr.hp, sj.lp, sj.u.hk, sj.u.hk, j.lp, j.u.hk, [j.lp, j.u.mk, j.u.hp] xN, cr.mp, f.mk, shinkuhadouken (air or ground)

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Very cool man. Maybe we should do stuff and make it a RE. I got a better variant of the cyclops one now with a different starter.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Glad you like it! How do I make it RE? Land that Command GRAB!!!!

I dl'd Windows Live Movie Maker and gave it a try. This is my first stab at editing anything. It's rough, and I mess up the 1st Tempest, but I'm still pretty happy with it, silly music and all.

I run through basic combos with Ryu, Zangief, Gambit, Wolverine, Magneto, and Charlie

I'm getting a V2 board in a trade soon here, once that happens, it's Dhalsim all day!

btw, like your KOF2K vid. Joe striker!

edit: since you mentioned going off the d-dial guide, I'll share something I picked up while screwing around. he says that to do Mag's grav loop on Cyc size + you should do a delayed HK. I've found that doing a normal jump, air dashing straight down w/ jumping MK, followed by standing HK works much better and works anywhere on the screen at that. It's not a damaging combo really, but builds fast meter for Tempest skeet.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
HAHAH awesome

Love the gief infinite. I laugh that it even works, i remember when i saw that in a match and I was like 'god xmen is so sick'