Zuppa Found

CollectionKing

I may be a shill bidder. Look out.
Hey, I found an English version of Zuppa for the neo geo in Traders yesterday in Akihabara Japan. Can someone shed some light on the history of this game? Thanks. :multi_co::snack:

CollectionKing

Don't you mean Zupapa?

Sorry forgot the "a":mad_2: I'm still debating on purchasing it but I don't know the history yet. Looking at it right now but can't take no pics. Think I'm gonna get the super dodge ball to since I do not have it.

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
The history: Its a conversion with some custom made insert.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
And thus another mystery is solved!

CollectionKing

From Dion

Got this from Dion. What you guys think? Think he's full of it?
zupapa.htm

As I said before, I personally think the English Kizuna Encounter had a
production run of closer to 500, but for sure a minimum of 100+. Other aes
releases (common games) had runs in the 1000s-5000s.

To put it into perspective, the official NGF Zupapa had a production run of
500 copies. Yet it is impossible to find. When was the last time anyone has
seen one for sale or in person? Extremely rare title at only 500 produced.

Same for NGF releases of:
Bang Bead
Bust-a-Move
Diggerman
Irritating Maze
ZedBlade

The official Zupapa!

So if Zupapa is extremely rare with 500 copies, I think it is safe to
presume that titles such as Kizuna Encounter have way more than only 10-20
copies (as posted by other silly neo sites). No company would waste the
time, effort, and money to do anything less than 100-500, and/or possibly
more.

zupapa.htm

thank you,
Dion Dakis

Last edited:

CollectionKing

Zupapa

The history: Its a conversion with some custom made insert.

Gum Drops, this is the same one that's in the store. It's at an angle but I have to wait til the store is open to steal a pic.

http://www..com/zupapa/zupapa.htm
zupapa.htm

Guess I can't upload any pics...sucks..

Well it's the exact same one on neo geo freaks and it looks brand new with the neo geo seal and everything. I don't know just curious.

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Yea, thats the NGF release.

As to whether its a conversion (using mvs chips) or a boot (using eproms) I don't know. Dion says they were produced using mvs stock, I have heard others claim otherwise.

CollectionKing

NGF it is.....

Yea, thats the NGF release.

As to whether its a conversion (using mvs chips) or a boot (using eproms) I don't know. Dion says they were produced using mvs stock, I have heard others claim otherwise.

You're right man. It has the NGF on the spine at the bottom of the shock box. I couldn't take no pics. Jap kept following me. Ahe I'm the only black guy in the store. Racists bastard. But it's still there, didn't buy it. Anyone wants it, it's at Traders upstairs to the left of the cash resgister along with JP Metal Slug games and Real Bout Special.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
If its the NGF release it'll be full of eproms - I did a study on this back in the day as it was claimed it was an "official" release. If I remember there was marker pen scribblings over the chips.... was a long time ago, and sadly I don't have the photos any more, but the thread should still be in archive somewhere.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I heard SNK produced many vinyl cases for them for the sake of old school authenticity. In no way were these conversions, even if newer releases from SNK were using the new style case. SNK made a special exception for , even though the processes, molds and machines that made these cases were no longer in operation, SNK had them all rebuilt.

Man, the influence of NGF was insane back then.

Bring back the NGF glory days, I say.

Damn Shawn for having open conversations on his free forums and praise NGF for having a forum that was moderated, rightfully, even more strictly than Assembler's forums.

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Does anybody know if these NGF releases of games like Zupapa, Bang Bead, etc. were at least licensed by SNK?

I share Dion´s opinion on the Kizuna production runs - i still wait for a larger quantity to show up.
Did NGF sell Euro Kizunas as well when they were released?

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
How much are they asking for the game and what condition is it in?

CollectionKing

Home in Osaka

How much are they asking for the game and what condition is it in?

The price for the Zupapa was around 640,00 yen along with the Dodge Ball if that is what you're asking about. I should've bought it. Anyways, thank God we'd just made it home from Tokyo. It is a mess over here in Japan.:multi_co:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Got this from Dion.

This was your first mistake. I swear every damn time someone buys from him then comes here asking if it was a good idea makes me want to punch a fucking kitten.

You love the Neo so that's good. You bought shit from NGF. You're an idiot.

Try and be more of the fomer and not the latter.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
The price for the Zupapa was around 640,00 yen along with the Dodge Ball if that is what you're asking about. I should've bought it. Anyways, thank God we'd just made it home from Tokyo. It is a mess over here in Japan.:multi_co:

I don't live in Japan, how much is that in USD.
And do you mean that was the price for just the Zupapa cart or was it that price for both Zupapa and SDB.

Lastly, What the hell is this quote from you reply: "if that is what you're asking about" Supposed to mean? I simply asked what the price was for the Zupapa cart and it's condition was.....the cart you posted a thread about and and started asking about.......so that we could give ask questiona and give out opinions.
THATS WHAT AN ONLINE FORUM IS ABOUT. How do you fuck things like this up?

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
He probably meant 64.000 Yen, that would be close to 800 USD.
I´d certainly buy that for 640 Yen (less than 8 USD). :lolz:

Neo Satellite

Quiz Detective
Does anybody know if these NGF releases of games like Zupapa, Bang Bead, etc. were at least licensed by SNK?

I share Dion´s opinion on the Kizuna production runs - i still wait for a larger quantity to show up.
Did NGF sell Euro Kizunas as well when they were released?

If I remembered well, NGF won the lawsuit for licences. There is a paragraph on this point where NGF was allowed a little time to distribute the license for these titles: Bang Bead, Zupapa!... That's why there is NGF logo on the spine for these carts.
Dion claimed he had 10 US kizuna copies for sale during the 2000 years. Why not.
But there is no picts witch prove it.

CollectionKing

Pics

If I remembered well, NGF won the lawsuit for licences. There is a paragraph on this point where NGF was allowed a little time to distribute the license for these titles: Bang Bead, Zupapa!... That's why there is NGF logo on the spine for these carts.
Dion claimed he had 10 US kizuna copies for sale during the 2000 years. Why not.
But there is no picts witch prove it.

Hey if you put this in your browers and click on the next arrow at the bottom of the page, scroll through the pics, he's standing there with a box kizunas. I put the spaces in the link because it wouldn't let me paste without being broken. Make sure you take out the spaces.

http:// www.neogeofreak .com/ stock2 /stock2b .htm

CollectionKing

What??

I don't live in Japan, how much is that in USD.
And do you mean that was the price for just the Zupapa cart or was it that price for both Zupapa and SDB.

Lastly, What the hell is this quote from you reply: "if that is what you're asking about" Supposed to mean? I simply asked what the price was for the Zupapa cart and it's condition was.....the cart you posted a thread about and and started asking about.......so that we could give ask questiona and give out opinions.
THATS WHAT AN ONLINE FORUM IS ABOUT. How do you fuck things like this up?

Listen here you dumb fuck. Your wig must be on too tight. Did I say you lived in Japan? NO! Did I not give you the price of the game and it's condition? Yes!! SO what the hell are you talking about? That explains the lack of intelligence of understanding what I posted. All I did was post information on the game but didn't really want to butt in on a conversation if you were talking about another game. I didn't mean anything about what I said. I wanted to be sure that you guys were still talking about the same game. See this is what I hate about computer mediated communication (CMC). Some people just don't click. So before you start throwing shit into the forum re-read the post. Maybe I should send you some new hair dye. Maybe that will help. :hammer:

Last edited:

CollectionKing

Oops

He probably meant 64.000 Yen, that would be close to 800 USD.
I´d certainly buy that for 640 Yen (less than 8 USD). :lolz:

I put the comma in the wrong place. It's 64,000 in Yen. My bad. You guys don't make mistakes here.