My system is spontaneously resetting....!!!! Help would be appreciated...

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Ok, first off let me explain a few things... I have not investigated this issue I am about to describe as well as I could have yet, as it is late and I have many thing I need to test out... But I am dieing to get to the bottom of it and input into this would help me a great deal, both mentally and practically.
I am a new Neo-Geo owner. I have a very high serial japanese system that I got off ebay. (#331,xxx) I got Metal Slug 3 with it and have been playing it for a week no problems except that I needed a new plug cause my plug has poor connection and would cause my system to reset if it was moved. This has nothing to do with my ucrrent problem. I got KOF 98 2 days ago and it also worked perfectly. No problems at all.
NOW... I got a Phantom1 this week and 2 MVS games ust arrived today along with a new plug from Neo-Geo.com. The plug is great... won't reset when I touch it anymore. The MVS games are Metal Slug and Windjammers. Now, after playing some games, I was having no new problems. I played all the way through MS3 and 1. Here's where the problems begin...
WINDJAMMERS. I played this game and was having fun. BAM! My system resets midgame. Then it does it again.. And again.. I tstarts resetting every few minutes... I turned it on and off, reinserted it... no luck! So I figured the cart was broken. Now later I was plaing KOF 98 again and ... BAM! It reset a few minutes in! Just once.. I haven't had time to play anymore tonight except to retry Windjammers and KOF for a bit. Windjammers resets some more, KOF worked alright for the 1 match that I played.... Do you guys think I have a serious problem on my hands now? I am really worried about this! Let me note that when Windjammers resets, it always starts when a match ends, and then afterwards resets 10x as much from the point it first reset. I don't get this at all....
Tomorrow i will spend time with it and see which games reset and which don't. I hope it just turns out that MVS windjammers doesn't work well on the Phantom1 and the KOF reset was a fluke... But somehow I am doubting that at this point.

TheBigBB

Ok, Windjammers is just totally broken or something, but I played all the way through Metal Slug and KOF98 without a problem at all. So I think it's just the cart that is broken. But it STILL bugs me that KOF reset one time for no reason yesterday. Does anyone know why it would do that? Could the cart actually be broken in such a way that it would cause spontaneous restting?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I had a similar problem with my AES and started a thread about it in January this year.

Click <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=001509" target="_blank">here</a> to read it, perhaps it helps.

TheBigBB

Well right now I'm convinced that the cart is broken. I've been playing everything with no problems for days. I had a 3 hour KOF 98 fest with my friend, no problem. I've played Sengoku, Super Baseball 2020, Baseball Stars 2, Super Spy, KOF 98, MS1, and MS3 a lot with no problem at all... And then Windjammers has this strange resetting pattern that occurs 50% of the time right after a match ends. The game plays fine, but every time a match ends, it's likely to reset and then not work anymore til I turn it off... And so on. I don't think the connectors are dirty, I cleaned them off a little bit, though I don't have any cleaner fluid, I don't really know what that is or where to get it.

snoturtle

Cheng's Errand Boy
hi
I had a similair issue when I first got KOF2k1 in
I would put it in and turn the system on but as soon as you touched a button it would reset!!
none of my other games I had done that
so I was like what the fuck!!
hehe
I got some q-tips and rubbing alcohol and cleaned it up and than it worked great!! :)

try that maybe that will do it