Am I late to the Party, can't believe no one has posted this yet...Neo Geo Tribute

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Is the party over . . .

animal-drinking-party_mod.jpg

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Where is the original post? Yesterday? Damn, I can't find it

Great video! In the same site, I've found this photos:

http://kotaku.com/#!5735493/vintage-gaming-collection-washed-away-in-aussie-floods/gallery/4

Advice: if you sometimes suffer a flooding, it's not the end! You can wash your PCB boards/carts with detergent and clean water. The carton & prints is worse, but the consoles will work perfectly.
Take a look at this post: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3116554&postcount=307

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
There are two of them going actually, both in general.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Advice: if you sometimes suffer a flooding, it's not the end! You can wash your PCB boards/carts with detergent and clean water. The carton & prints is worse, but the consoles will work perfectly.
Take a look at this post: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3116554&postcount=307
Oh yeah, I wash hardware all the time. I don't quite understand why people think it will be damaged from water when it is off.

No matter how many times you've done it though, it still feels strange putting a precious PCB into the sink.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Oh yeah, I wash hardware all the time. I don't quite understand why people think it will be damaged from water when it is off.

No matter how many times you've done it though, it still feels strange putting a precious PCB into the sink.

Well, it is easy to think that an electronic item can be damaged by water. But as no electricity is going through the circuit (since it is turned off!), there's no damage. My experience says that water is more a friend of a pcb that an enemy, as far as you dry it quickly.

By the way, some of you have some flooded things that want to give me? :drool:
(I'm not accepting home furniture, uh?)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I only feel iffy when it's a rare PCB, other than that I'm fine washing them. I use a soft bristle toothbrush and unscented soap then hang dry in the sun. Works every time, especially for those cigarette smoke soaked ones.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Some time ago, I bought a MVS board incredibly cheap ($4). The seller told me he won't be able to repair it...

Finally the only fail was a huge amount of dirt in the CPU legs. I washed it, brushed it, dryed it and voilá... working as a charm.

The same with an Irritating Maze cart. It is somewhat rare, but no problem since I washed it (2-3 years ago).

Should we change the thread's name? :D

valgalder

Kula's Candy
there is so very little news nowadays, I still don't see a point in having two main forums. They could easily be consolidated.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
I only feel iffy when it's a rare PCB, other than that I'm fine washing them. I use a soft bristle toothbrush and unscented soap then hang dry in the sun. Works every time, especially for those cigarette smoke soaked ones.
Not sure the soap is such a great idea.. I just use plain water without a brush, the water pressure from the tap is usually enough to remove any dirt.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
In some cases you get a board splashed with Coke or something sticky, and the plain water is not enough. With soft cloth detergent and a soft brush it will shine.
Treat the boards the same you treat your own skin. You never use bleach on your hands, right? ;)

I never understood how can a beverage reach a pcb inside a cab. :scratch: