NeoBitz + XRGB-3: Will it work?

Rawit

n00b
I'm trying to get info about using an CMVS with a NeoBitz encoder with an XRGB-3. I found some info that it wouldn't work, or that the signal is noisy. I can understand the noisy signal because because some component inputs of the XRGB are sensitive to noise.
I also read that the NeoBitz encoder transforms the signal from 240p to 480i? Can anyone confirm that?

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Converting RGB to Component and then back to RGB would be absolutely ridiculous..

Rawit

n00b
Well it would be converted to DVI, and yes I'm aware it's sort of an extra step. But most CMVS units offer component and I'm wondering if it would work from the get-go. Adding a DIN socket for RGB isn't the issue later on.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, unless there's some sort of compatibility issue between the Neobitz & the XRGB which is always possible.

I don't see why you wouldn't wire up the RGBS to a DIN/SCART plug and do it properly from the get-go.

Capoz

New Challenger
I've tried neobitz + XRGB-3 in component but with a bad result, instead I prefer neobitz + DVDO EDGE in component

very happy for the result

Rawit

n00b
What kind of results did you get with the Neobitz + XRGB-3? Noisy? Unstable image?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Some things to remember is that the sync signal is sometimes too strong from the MVS board which is why we say to use a pot on the sync line. Also it doesn't make any sense to use a Neobitz, the Neobitz and JROK don't alter the sync signal in anyway, no matter which one you use you will still have a 59.18hz signal, if you add a sync cleaner to either of them it will bring down the signal level for the sync line.