Need help with White JPN Saturn HELP

corbo 2

Genjuro's Frog
OKAY,sorry to bore you but i need some advice and i will give you some background info.

I used to always play my import saturn games in a another room on a 60 HZ TV or on my rubbish VGA Box.But for some reason,duuno why i tried it out on my other 50 hz TV in my room.Because i am in the UK,we have PAL 50 hz,well the older ones do.I was gonna get a new TV soon anyway so i tried to play again on my 50 HZ Tv in my room with a 9 PIN scart cable,the full RGB block (sorry dunno names :( ) off my PAL Sega Saturn.

But i knew this wasn't TRUE RGB,but i pluged it in and it was on FULL COLOUR.So i was playing Dopachi on my JPN Sega Saturn on my 50 hz TV

I don't why it worked,but i played for like a hour and a half,then played some Dreamcast stuff, had lunch,web surfing etc.Came to have another play and i got a rolling black and white picture like i have always done.

So i though fair enough,short lived,then i when on the downstairs 60 HZ TV,i got the same rolling black picture.Then i used another lead,the composite cable,the 3 leads,red,whire and yellow nad i still got a rolling black nd white picture,very odd :confused:

Then last resort i tried another 60 HZ TV in my bros room,got the same results.

As a last resort to see if my saturn had died,i tried my crap Logic 3 VGA box,and got NO PICTURE.

WHATS THE PROBLEM,do i need a proper 21 pin RGB lead,all my other consoles like my PS1,DC AND GC are Full 21 pin RGB leads and work fine.

Is my saturn died,do i need a new TV or lead?

PLEASE HELP ME,i was gonna get a 4 in 1 cart anyway but i wanted to keep the JAP one.

I don't have a clue why though,only reason is its been very HOT in my room this week,i mean hot,maybe that dunno.I try to get it working later

PLEASE HELP AND I WILL LOVE YOU crying

laurie

Zero's Tailor
Hi buddy.
I have had a few problems with my white saturn too.
I couldnt get anything to load untill I found out that my cart slot is kinda finicky. Are you running any ram carts? if so try pulling it out a little like an Aes cart.
I was going to say that it sounds like the TV but if you have tride others then im not to sure.
dose you tv have more than one scart socket? if so only one of them will be RGB and the saturn should be in that one. sorry if none of this helps Im realy not sure what it it.
hope its not broken. :confused:

corbo 2

Genjuro's Frog
laurie:
Hi buddy.
I have had a few problems with my white saturn too.
I couldnt get anything to load untill I found out that my cart slot is kinda finicky. Are you running any ram carts? if so try pulling it out a little like an Aes cart.
I was going to say that it sounds like the TV but if you have tride others then im not to sure.
dose you tv have more than one scart socket? if so only one of them will be RGB and the saturn should be in that one. sorry if none of this helps Im realy not sure what it it.
hope its not broken. :confused:
Thanks Mate :)

I only have 1 scart slot and there is 5 way one coming out,whit other consoles and stuff.But i have disconnected then all and still the same rolling black picture.

I try on my other one which has 2,one for RGB,i double check.BTW i have no carts in either.

Thanks for helping :)

The JAP saturns had a slightly different wiring that UK models I believe, although some leads seem ok (such as composite). I think it has something to do with the slightly more s-video oriented ways they had back then. Actually I think the capacitors (or lack of) in the SCART lead were different too.

I'd say I'd look at it, but Manchester is rather a long way! (East sussex is much better lol).

Keep us posted on your findings. I'll see if I can find my JAP RGB lead and let you know the pinouts.

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
open up the scart plug and check if any wires came off. if the switching voltage wire came off, the tv would remain in composite mode, possibly resulting in a b/w pic.