need new astro city part#, want to make low/med res switch

I am hoping someone can help me out with this. I want to get the male and female connectors for the 15khz and 24khz connections on the chassis for my New Astro City, so that I can install a switch beneath the control panel to easily switch between low and medium res, instead of going back behind the cab.

Does anyone hve the connectors part number from mouser or something?

Also, how good would an xbox360 look in medium res, do you think Marvel 3 would look decent? :)

FusionITR

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I am hoping someone can help me out with this. I want to get the male and female connectors for the 15khz and 24khz connections on the chassis for my New Astro City, so that I can install a switch beneath the control panel to easily switch between low and medium res, instead of going back behind the cab.

Does anyone hve the connectors part number from mouser or something?

Your best bet is here:

http://www.highway.net.au/

Also, how good would an xbox360 look in medium res, do you think Marvel 3 would look decent? :)

If by medium res you mean 24khz, the xbox360 probably doesn't even output that mode. You probably will have to put it in 480i mode (15khz) to work on a new astro city.

It probably won't look bad, as usually downscaling yields much better results than upscaling, but it won't look anywhere near as good on a HDTV and plus it's a 16:9 game.

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you'll get an Xbox 360 to work on anything other than a 31k monitor.

As far as the connector, could you take a picture?

FusionITR

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you'll get an Xbox 360 to work on anything other than a 31k monitor.

I'm sure xbox360 has a 480i mode, even the ps3 has one.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member

You can definitely do this when going from scart to jamma.

Thanks but that is just another website, I am looking for the part numbers, specifically. I'm sure they're on mouser or digikey but I am not a sorcerer so I can't figure out exactly what the parts are.

The guys at arcade otaku found some on ebay but I am looking for a place that is 1) in the U.S., and 2) won't make me order 20 parts when I need three small plastic connectors.

Here is the link though if anyone can help, it is as close as I have gotten:

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6623&start=30