memory card issues with moded aes

h4hn

n00b
Hi guys.

Recently I moded my japanese aes with a chip i bought from neostore.com . i had Jeff Kurtz installed it for me and the mod works just fine with only one problem, the machine can no longer format/write/load the memory card. I asked Jeff himself and he said he never had such problem before so I figure there's three possibilities:

1. memory card runs out of battery, but how do you replace it? i got two cards, one brand new and both has same problem.

2. something i did during the bios menu. there's some option like 'book keeping' and 'card full' which i have no idea what's for and wonder if they can be the source of the problem.

3. mod chip defect. which is again, i need some help here in terms of how to make sure whether this is the case or not.

any kinda clues or helps will be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Handi

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I had a similar problem with mine, and at first thought the stupid card was messed up. I thought for sure it was pushed in the whole way and everything.

And then I realized, it WASN'T pushed in properly. Maybe you just need to mess with it a bit? Good luck!

Spike

h4hn

n00b
Hi Spike,

well i'm pretty sure it's not the problem. i know i have inserted my memory card all the way in and it still doesn't work.

thanks,

handi