Pulstar MVS -- video flickering problem

Battle Version

Overtop Pathfinder
I finished my supergun last week and hooked it up to my newly purchased MV-1f board. My supergun is more of a minigun very similar to brokens style. Anyways all five of the games I have own and that I have tried work and look great, except Pulstar. It's doing something that I think is weird, but may not even be. It seems to degaus itself inbetween each screen. Like when I die and then start back up again a big crooked white line shows up then refreshes as normal. I cleaned the hell out of it too. Help me out please. Also the sound is pretty bad, but from researching, it seems to be just the way the cart was made.

Freelancer

Banned
Hm. That's an odd problem. What kind of power supply are you using? Have you checked the voltage output with a multimeter? Also, are you sure that your Pulstar is not a bootleg copy?

Battle Version

Overtop Pathfinder
The power supply is <a href="http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~mahlebas/ForSale/Supergun/Pict0069.JPG" target="_blank">this one</a> I got from scooby105. I have checked the voltage also and its +12v and +5v and everything is ground. I got the cart from a very good seller and I highly doubt it is a boot. I have also opened it and checked it. If anyone can help that would be awesome.

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I just checked my JPN original MVS copy and I get a slight flicker of a horizontal line/s just for a flash when changing screen's like when restarting after dying. Barely apparent but is this anything like what you mean? Also I guess the sound is a little crusty in quality but we're talking about one old Yamaha audio chip and a mere Z80A CPU for support so we can't really expect miracles of clarity. It seems like a digitised version of its NeoCD incarnation to me, a bit lossy but pretty good really. :D

Battle Version

Overtop Pathfinder
Awesome so it seems like it might just be me being too worried! That would be good. I dont want to have to worry about playing it or anything. Thanks guys.

Wing Nut

Mr. Big's Thug
I believe my Pulstar MVS flashes as well. It also freezes briefly right before my ship blows up. Does anyone else's do that?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I don't remember my Pulstar doing any of that...That's something I would of remembered though...it would of made me not want to play the game thinking it was going to cause a problem in my cab.
I'm pretty sure my Pulstar doesn't do any of that...but I'll have to check again..

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
The flash is common, it happens on mine as well... and in a lot of other games (like the title screen of PB2, Last Blade intro to the snow scene, etc)... Normal, it bugs me too, but there is nothing that can be done about it... IT's most likely something to do with the Neo itself, as emulators don't do it... interference, or just a quick draw problem from the engine, I am not sure, but it is on all neos in one degree or another...

-Nick

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I just popped the game in..I wanted to start playing this game again.. I really Suck at it .
I get a slight flicker after I die when it changes back to start over...and when I get hit by something the screen seems to freeze up for a second...
It takes a second for the ship to actually blow up.

Otherwise the sound is fine and everything else..