Problem with MVS ROTD Cart

DBS

Mega Shock!!
Does anyone ever get a green screen with a bunch of graphical garbage on it, when trying to boot up Rage of the Dragons on the neo geo board or phantom converter.

The cart is brand new, and was never played. Any info on how to resolve this problem would be much appreciated.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
ROTD is known to be glitchy with some older MVS boards (like the MV-1F).

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Read this whole <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004952" target="_blank">thread.</a>

hey i put my rotd in a different case (samurai shodown1) and it never glitches now i think the case may make it touch or get to close.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
hayhayboy2003:
hey i put my rotd in a different case (samurai shodown1) and it never glitches now i think the case may make it touch or get to close.
What have you been smoking?? Changing the plastic casing WILL NOT alter a game in any way other than the fact that it is in a new case.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I used to have issues like this with my Mark of the Wolves MVS cart at random. It was caused by a bad connection between the cart and the slot, for some reason the newer games were more likely to have that happen than not.

I cleaned out the slots of the Phantom 1 and the Neo, and made sure that the Phantom was inserted FIRMLY in the slot, and it works like a charm.

For the record, I have had absolutely no problems with the ROTD MVS, except for the first time I put it in I didn't have the Phantom inserted all the way.

the clear case i have for the ss1 gives it more room for the two boards to seperate,
i got the idea from testing just the two rotd boards on a phantom i use to have then on a 2 slot i no longer have.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
This sounds more like a phantom-1 problem than an ROTD cart problem...

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Actually, my mvs and my friend's mvs both yeild garbled green screens upon bootup of any game. Don't know why. I assumed it was normal. My homesystem doesn't do it.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Magnaflux:
Actually, my mvs and my friend's mvs both yeild garbled green screens upon bootup of any game. Don't know why. I assumed it was normal. My homesystem doesn't do it.
Every MVS board I have owned has had that bootup. It's 100% normal.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
ResOGlas:
Magnaflux:
Every MVS board I have owned has had that bootup. It's 100% normal.
I'm glad to hear that. I've always wondered if there was something wrong with my mvs.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
The green screen on bootup is a hardware test or something... you can actually disable it if you are using a uni-bios.

Kaz

D

daback-daboot

ResOGlas:
hayhayboy2003:
What have you been smoking?? Changing the plastic casing WILL NOT alter a game in any way other than the fact that it is in a new case.
No he's right. I put mine in a sandwitch bag and now keep my leftover salad in the ROTD case. The salad stays crisper and the game, well at least the salads still good. You can't have everything you know.

<small>[ August 11, 2003, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: jov luke ]</small>

DBS

Mega Shock!!
Thanks for all the great info guys. The main reason why I'm asking is because I just sold a brand new ROTD kit to someone on ebay, and they are having problems with it. I don't want him to think I'm a scammer, so I've sent him to the link provided by ResOGlas(thanks, by the way), and I'll also forward this useful info to him. Thanks again guys. I'll keep you all updated.