jamma superguns and cps2 systems? just to test it? ok or not?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Hi,

I made a supergun but don't have a one slot, which is 1 1/2 months late :(

anyway, I was also told that the cps2 boards could be played on these superguns that were made for mini 1 slots and just wanted to be sure.

My SG was made jamma style with the neo 4 button controllers in mind, and my big thing is I want to see if the controller ports work..

I have the +5v and the 12V on this, but no -5v..

will the controllers work? at least for the punch buttons? and will everything be ok with the cps2 system, just to test my supergun to see if it works?

I don't want to mess anything up...

the powersupply I am using is the sc200, or at least I think that's what it's called...

anyway, I am not looking to play the cps2 on this all the time, but just test my supergun...

will I be ok?

thanks!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Providing you wired the controller ports to the standard NeoGeo pinout, yes it will work on a cps-2.

But, only A, B and C will do anything. They are the 3 punch buttons. The D button won't function. Your directional pad/stick should work as well as the start button.

When I built that mini SG a while back, I also tested it on a cps-2 and thats the results I had.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
The D button will only work with the D&D games.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Providing you wired the controller ports to the standard NeoGeo pinout, yes it will work on a cps-2.

But, only A, B and C will do anything. They are the 3 punch buttons. The D button won't function. Your directional pad/stick should work as well as the start button.

When I built that mini SG a while back, I also tested it on a cps-2 and thats the results I had.
great, thanks!! I should know if it works or not by this evening and maybe even have pics up :D But we shall see, about the pic...

thanks again,

ngt