Good morning all

deank93

n00b
Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while and have picked up lots of information and quite a few carts from the sale section so thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm based in the UK, i live in Essex and recently hit the ripe old age of 36 which means I was around 17 in 1991 when I was first exposed to the delights of the Neo Geo, me and my pals used to pop into town every Saturday to generally perv at women and on the way home we always used to stop off at our local arcade which was full wall to wall of Neo Geo.

Because it was 1991 Street fighter was at the height of its fame and getting a game always involved a long, boring wait only to eventually get my back side kicked by 12 year old kids and crowd of onlookers who spent every waking moment glued to it, I ventured further back into the arcade and started dropping money into a 'rip off' called Fatal Fury....Well that was it for me, screw Street Fighter, I was well and truly hooked and have been a massive Neo fan every since.

In my teens I never had the cash to own an AES, In my twenties i was up to other things...mainly my friends and ladies...but eventually I got round to buying an AES about 6 years ago and I built up a small collection of fighters but when I got engaged I had an offer of £1000 for my system and as i was now saving for a wedding I couldn't refuse. Well a few years on from that and I decided I wanted to get back into the Neo Geo again and 2 months ago picked up a tidy 2 slot CMVS set up, this way I can get all the games I want pretty quickly due to the reduced price verses the home carts and spend some time and effort boxing them up with inserts and at least looking a little more like the AES versions, to date I've got 23 games 95% of which are in shock boxes with inserts.

I'm really enjoying the site and have been very pleased with the games I've picked up from here and hope to get myself a few more in the coming months.

All the best, Dean.