Hi there from a new owner

emu002

n00b
Hi, I have just bought my first neo geo

A lordsvale mvs cab

Its a bit bashed and the screen needs fixing and the coin counter is missing but I got it for a good price and I'm excited to be gettign it back to its former glory

List of jobs to do

Clean out the filthy buttons
Recap the monitor as it is a bit flickery and the bottom inch of the screen is squashed
Find some replacement side art
Find out which coin counter it uses
Replace the UP microswitch on player1

will post pics if anyone is interested?

TROB

n00b
Sweet! I also just got my first neo geo, an MVS-4-25 and im loving every minute of it! Finally after drooling over neo geo as kids we can live it up as adults.....life is good HA! Have fun!

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Clean out the filthy buttons

If you need to clean a button it should be tossed. Just replace the buttons and sticks. Cleaning them will only net you controls that suck. The cost of new controls is less than the value of your time in cleaning them anyway.

Gabrius

New Challenger
If you need to clean a button it should be tossed. Just replace the buttons and sticks. Cleaning them will only net you controls that suck. The cost of new controls is less than the value of your time in cleaning them anyway.

I agree with this statement - buttons are so cheap that replacing it would be more than worth it.... you may want to consider the same for the sticks as replacing the microswitch might not improve conditions as much as you are hoping for/expecting.