Neo geo + Rear Projection TV

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Hi all,

I am contemplating to buy a AES (for the 20th time in my short life!) and I am wondering if it is ok to use on a rear projection TV.
I know that manul says you should not use video games on projection TV but as I already use my gamecube on it...
Well I also use my SNES and PSone on it but the pictures is not stable (it shakes) so I was wondering if anyone tried before with a neo geo?

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
Howdy and welcome to the forums,
Your TV manual recomends you to not use video games on it due to the fact of monitor burn-in. Burn-in is caused by having a patirculatr object on the screen in the same place for an extended ammount of time. If you played Atari on it for 6-7 hours on the same game it would hurt it. You shouldnt have any problems with a neo hurting your tv since there arent that many stationary images durring the games. I still wouldnt leave it on for over 3 hours to avoid any burn-in

<small>[ August 05, 2003, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: neo-geo 2 ]</small>

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
Things such as power bars, scores, item icons, etc are very fast to burn on a projection TV. At the arcade I work at we have Tekken3 on a RP TV and somehow the Tekken3 logo is burned in, even though it is only displayed for a few seconds every now and then. The power bars and timer are also burned in.

CRT's are much better for game systems.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
It's good to avoid playing videogames for extended periods on CRT-based rear-projection TVs. The CRTs in these sets run much brighter than regular direct-view CRT sets and are much more prone to burn-in.

Most home theatre sites recommend turning contrast down to 50% or less when playing videogames and (whenever possible) turn off any stationary 'power bars', HUDs, scores, etc., from within the game.

Currently the only rear-projection technologies that aren't affected by burn-in are LCD, DLP, and LCoS.

D

daback-daboot

Howdoin:

I know that manual says you should not use video games on projection TV's, but I already use my gamecube on it...
Well I also use my SNES and PSone on it but the pictures is not stable (it shakes) so I was wondering if anyone tried before with a neo geo?
well thats different. The gamecube starts with 'G', not like neo geo which starts with 'N'. Totally different. As for the SNES and the PSone, they were both made in japan , as opposed to the neo geo, which was made in japan . Im not positive on that last comment, but I did say it so it must be a statment.

The later I stay up the better visuals I get... loco