How do you get a Japanese MVS cart to play in English?

dn2571

n00b
How do you get a Japanese MVS cart to play in English? Do you need a special bios chip or just a regular english motherboard. I don't have any japanese game versions so i haven't the slightest clue how that works. I have a US MV-1 mother board.

thanks.

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
You need all Jap stuff (board and cart), or a universe bios chip if I`m not mistaking (still need to test one of those :) )

that`s about it I guess :D

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
If you have an english bios it will play in english by default. You can also set the language up in the soft dip settings of the game as well.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Fredscape:
You need all Jap stuff (board and cart), or a universe bios chip if I`m not mistaking (still need to test one of those :) )

that`s about it I guess :D
This is not true, what really matters is the bios in your board, a JPN cart will play in English in a board with an English bios. However, in some games you can choose the language anyway, and some others will only pay in JPN (the JPN-only games text-based, like the quiz and mahjongs).
I suggest to install an unibios that will give you total control; <a href="http://bios.cps2shock.com" target="_blank">unibios</a>

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Next time I`ll get more coffee and be awake before I post.....after reading back I see I completely misread the question :)