Neo Geo Stick 2 (USB Controller)

just_nega

n00b

We have a soft spot in our hearts for the original Neo Geo AES controller. Sure, it's not the best nor the snappiest joystick we've ever manhandled but there's a certain design aesthetic to the controller that still appeals to our Neo Geo lovin' souls. Exar probably knows our kind so they're showing love to SNK's Neo Geo joystick once more with a new production that ships this week for the Playstation 3.

The four main buttons (Square, X, Triangle, O) are arranged in a diagonal row on the left side of the controller and the Dual Shock 3's trigger buttons are mapped to the little sliver-buttons located to the east and south of the main buttons.

Product Specifications
Product SKU: EX0025
JAN Code: 4560289420211
English Product Name:「Neo Geo 2 USB STICK」
Japanese Product Name: ネオジオスティック2
Manufacturer: EXAR
Compatibility: Playstation 3 (Region-Free)

View larger photos for this item on the main NCSX website.

This document and photos are ©NCSX 2009. All rights reserved. No reproduction in whole or in part of this document may be made without express written consent of National Console Support, Inc.

chech this

http://www.shopncsx.com/neogeostick2usbcontroller.aspx

:eye:

Fett

Camel Slug
What's the difference between the Neo Fight Stick 2 and the Neo Fight Stick 2+?
Looks like there's one more button on the top center, home button?

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
What's the difference between the Neo Fight Stick 2 and the Neo Fight Stick 2+?
Looks like there's one more button on the top center, home button?

From what I've read the NeoGeoStick2 is 2 different versions setup for either Playstation2 or as a USB Controller. The NeoGeoStick2+ has the Playstation3 button added for the PS3.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
If only something like that were made for XBox 360 >_<

Edit: On second thought, since this stick functions as a USB controller - I wonder if it is at all compatible with 360?

Last edited:

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
If only something like that were made for XBox 360 >_<

Edit: On second thought, since this stick functions as a USB controller - I wonder if it is at all compatible with 360?

My guess is no considering 360 controllers utilize an authentication chip/code to lockout unlicensed controllers from being used on a 360. Unless a controller says it's compatible with 360, then it probably won't work; at least, I've yet to see one.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I bought the original PS2 controller, pulled it to bits a couple years back and I've still got to repair it. Absolute piece of shit. I much prefer my HRAP3.

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

We have a soft spot in our hearts for the original Neo Geo AES controller. Sure, it's not the best nor the snappiest joystick we've ever manhandled but there's a certain design aesthetic to the controller that still appeals to our Neo Geo lovin' souls. Exar probably knows our kind so they're showing love to SNK's Neo Geo joystick once more with a new production that ships this week for the Playstation 3.
:eye:

I had two of those sticks, their quality is far lower from the original AES sticks... The buttons are very very cheap, the stick itself is less precise, and the global quality is quite poor... Avoid !

Last edited: