No Sound from Headphone Jacks on MV-4F

Camp

Zero's Secretary
10 Year Member
The sound from the cabinet speakers work fine, but I get no output at all from either of the headphone jacks. Any ideas of what I can do to fix this? I want to record sound from the motherboard and figured this would be the way to get the best quality?

Last edited:

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Those jacks don't actually output sound. Stereo sound is available from a 4 pin header on the board which is the headphones output.

Camp

Zero's Secretary
10 Year Member
Those jacks don't actually output sound. Stereo sound is available from a 4 pin header on the board which is the headphones output.
Ok, I didn't know this, thanks.

Where is the 4 pin header and what kind of connection is that? How would I hook it up to a input source?

Also just curious, why are the headphone jacks there if they don't do anything? I don't get it.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Ok, I didn't know this, thanks.

Where is the 4 pin header and what kind of connection is that? How would I hook it up to a input source?

I can't find a photo of the board where the header is visible, but it'll look similar to this:

Header%20-%204%20Pin%20-%20Unlatched.jpg

What I usually do in these situations is to modify a analog audio cable from a CD/DVD rom drive. Or you could of course solder wires to it on the bottom of the board.

Camp said:
Also just curious, why are the headphone jacks there if they don't do anything? I don't get it.
I believe they were intended for connecting one or more systems together, however it seems they chose to put the plugs for that on the cartridges instead.

Last edited:

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
A power supply molex connector for a floppy drive fits perfectly -- I was able to snag a few off some old PC power supplies.

Camp

Zero's Secretary
10 Year Member
Thanks guys. This is the one, right?

2mhztcy.jpg

Camp

Zero's Secretary
10 Year Member
Is there a cable somewhere online I can buy, or is my only option to make my own?