SNKP Releases Neo Geo USB Pad For PS3

Reality Check

World Hero
neogeopad2.jpg

http://exar.jp/product/ex0032/ex0032.html

It's PC compatible as well. SNKP themselves is distributing the controller on December 9th.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
As I mentioned on the srk front page story for this, only SNK would release all of their games on the 360 (aside from KOF12, a game everyone hates) then release a PS3 exclusive controller.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
They better fix that plastic dust problem in this release or they are gonna get hammered with complaints. This is one of the best pads I ever used, but they are doomed, and removing those pop discs to clean out the plastic dust buildup wrecks them more and more each time. Eventually the plastic disc outsiding actually breaks off due to picking at it to expose the discs, leaving the pop disc's screwed up for good. Unless you wanna attempt the glue gun method, which is a temporary solution, since that'd wear to.

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
They better fix that plastic dust problem in this release or they are gonna get hammered with complaints. This is one of the best pads I ever used, but they are doomed, and removing those pop discs to clean out the plastic dust buildup wrecks them more and more each time. Eventually the plastic disc outsiding actually breaks off due to picking at it to expose the discs, leaving the pop disc's screwed up for good. Unless you wanna attempt the glue gun method, which is a temporary solution, since that'd wear to.

Ill second that to the max.

Reality Check

World Hero
As I mentioned on the srk front page story for this, only SNK would release all of their games on the 360 (aside from KOF12, a game everyone hates) then release a PS3 exclusive controller.

SNKP has released all of the PSX ports of KoF 95-99 on PSN. Surely they want you to use this controller for those ports.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
-_- either way im buying 2. They look oh so nice and i love the feel of the micro switches for the directional pad.

44 bucks isnt to bad.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

I don't think thats a HUGE issue that you make it out to be. I have two of these pads, which came with my Neo Geo CD. Each has at least 18 months of use on them (from me) and obviously I was not the first owner of them.

Both pads still work perfectly, no dust issues. So even if it happens, the problem probably wont crop up for a pretty long time under moderate use

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I don't think thats a HUGE issue that you make it out to be. I have two of these pads, which came with my Neo Geo CD. Each has at least 18 months of use on them (from me) and obviously I was not the first owner of them.

Both pads still work perfectly, no dust issues. So even if it happens, the problem probably wont crop up for a pretty long time under moderate use

It is a huge issue.. I find it hard to believe your pads have no dust after 18 months of use to be entirely honest. Is it a revision of the original or something? I'd love to see the guts of said pads.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
One of the mods needs to merge the two threads on this. I posted in the other so i'll just re-iterate the same thing here.

The thing about the NGCD controll pad design in generall is that it's a mixed bag. Everything about it almost garaunteed it to be one of the best controllers ever but it was the primitive D-pad design that ruined averything.

The casing is almost perfect and the face buttons are more than fine. If they released a version that removed the traditional NGCD 360 stick and replaced it with the NGPC stick then you would have a controller that destroyed the highly regarded Saturn pad.

the bottom line is that the controller design needs to work well across the board with all genres. It works just fine for shooters and other games but it sucks for fighters. For a company like SNK (who is and has always been known first and foremost for it's fighting games) to have thier own controller/joysticks out and not have them excell (if not be the best in the industry) at the genre of games they are most know for is unaceptable, ESPECIALLY when they have already brought a better D-pad/joystick hybrid design to market in the form of the NGP(C) and have that to use as well.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
It is a huge issue.. I find it hard to believe your pads have no dust after 18 months of use to be entirely honest. Is it a revision of the original or something? I'd love to see the guts of said pads.

Just telling it like it is. I use my cd pads for all my shmups, and so far they have held up very nicely. Aparently I am one of the lucky ones ?

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
The casing is almost perfect and the face buttons are more than fine. If they released a version that removed the traditional NGCD 360 stick and replaced it with the NGPC stick then you would have a controller that destroyed the highly regarded Saturn pad.

This I couldn't agree with more. I love the saturn controller, but fuck does it give me blisters, same for the NGCD controller. :( The only thing I'd worry with is the durability of the analog if they made it like that, I've broken a NGPC stick.

Hmmm...might have to pick one up now that Neo Geo will be starting a gaming network on PSN by the end of the month. Hopefully there's going to be a stick like the red one I use for MotW on PS2.

a>

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Is the NGCD pad considered a good pad for shooters? I mostly use my PS3 for JPN Store stuff like the shooters. I might pick one up if so.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Is the NGCD pad considered a good pad for shooters? I mostly use my PS3 for JPN Store stuff like the shooters. I might pick one up if so.

It's great for shooters. It's were it's D-pad falls short in circular motions that holds it back (by making it lackluster for fighters and run N gunners).

fake

15 Year Member
It's great for shooters. It's were it's D-pad falls short in circular motions that holds it back (by making it lackluster for fighters and run N gunners).

Ohhh. Haha, that's basically the opposite of what I had assumed. I'll pick it up!

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
removed the traditional NGCD 360 stick and replaced it with the NGPC stick

Hell yes. It still stuns me just how well the NGPC stick worked for the fighters.

fake

15 Year Member
Sold out at Play Asia already? Guess I missed out.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
I wonder if it only has the appearance of the pad, though. I would hope it has all the clickie goodness we would hope it does.

The pad was the best part of me old Neo CD.

fake

15 Year Member
I wonder if it only has the appearance of the pad, though. I would hope it has all the clickie goodness we would hope it does.

The pad was the best part of me old Neo CD.

If it's not microswitched, I'll throw mine in the trash.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
If it's not microswitched, I'll throw mine in the trash.

Dont throw it away, I'll take it :p.

On a more serious note. I own an original NGCD Pad and know next to nothing about the electronics/mechanics behind it. Anybody have pics of the insides of one ( the pad of course :p )? The micro switches must be tiny.

fake

15 Year Member
Anyone get theirs yet? Play Asia still hasn't restocked, so I'm wondering if I'll ever get one : /

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
I doubt it'll be microswitched. I place my bets on it being a cheap piece of shit.

Also, I don't understand why they brought out this POS instead of the original arcade style controller.

fake

15 Year Member
I doubt it'll be microswitched. I place my bets on it being a cheap piece of shit.

Also, I don't understand why they brought out this POS instead of the original arcade style controller.

Based on?

They already did make an AES stick for PS3. :rolleyes: