Hi everyone, new cabinet owner here!

nate

n00b
Hi everyone,

I'm a new owner of a MVS-4-25 cabinet. So far I'm loving it, but I have a few questions for the experts.

For one thing, what is that big transformer for (sitting on the bottom of the cabinet)?

I also don't have any lights on in the marquee. However I can see a disconnected connector on the marquee PCB (haven't tried connecting it yet). Are the marquees supposed to be all lit, all the time? Or do they light up depending on which game is selected?

And finally, there is one thing that annoys me about the cabinet, and that is a fairly audible squeel that seems to come from the speakers at the top of the cabinet. If I adjust the volume control on the main board, the volume of the squeel is not affected. Is this a normal sound, in your guys experience?

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
The squealing is more likely the monitor if the volume doesn't affect it. The marquees should all be lit, and the transformer has something to do with the monitor, but I've yet to have a cabinet that needed one, so I'll let someone else chime in on that note..

Welcome to the forum :).

jon713

Camel Slug
Hello and welcome!

Would like to check out your cab, could you post pics? :smirk:

John

nate

n00b
pictures

Thanks for the advice on the monitor being the source of the squeel. I actually did some searching on the forum and got the idea to unplug the ELA circuit from the main board. I tried that, and the squeel was still there. Once I disconnected the power to the ELA circuit board, the squeel went away. Now it's perfect!

352ouxj.jpg

Here's a picture of the cabinet.

Mr. Mark

n00b
I've been a member for a few weeks now but I haven't been given the ability to post topics. Can someone please explain what steps i need to take to get this privilege.

Thank You

nate

n00b
Hi Mark,

I'm not sure how to get the ability to start threads, but it took me a while to get that privelege after signing up.

Gabrius

New Challenger
Welcome! As a fellow newbie, I can share in your excitement..... can't post my own topics yet, but will introduce myself and my new cab once I am able ^_^

Hawkeye

n00b
I just got my first cab and I can't wait until I can do an introduction post. And make a signature etc.