CPS1 graphical artifacts

shess

I don't read too much into what happens on the for
I just received a Three Wonders board that was supposed to be working 100%. When I first powered it up I saw some random graphical artifacts; not enough to affect gameplay, but enough to be annoying. I tried reseating the boards, reseating a few of the EEPROMs, and cleaning the jamma connector but none of it worked. What else can I try short of sending all the boards through the dishwasher? This is a suicide free board and none of the EEPROMs have stickers covering the windows. Also what is the safe range of voltages I can push through it? I cranked it up to about 5.3V at the edge connector on the PCB to see if that helped but no luck.

Scott

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If it's a 2 layer board design A and B then try separating the 2 and reseating them.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Also at 5.3V with the board attached can fry chips so I'd back it down to 5.0-5.1V.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
5.3V??? Fuck me, why on earth would you do that? It's above the maximum voltage input for just about every single chip on the board.

shess

I don't read too much into what happens on the for
I tried it from 4.9V up to 5.3V to see if it made a difference, but it didn't. I guess the next step is to run the boards through the dishwasher and get the dust off.