PDA

View Full Version : PCB question

Maxim
01-08-2001, 06:35 PM
Like I've said before, I have a MVS cabinet,
If I were to take out the 4-slot PCB and put a Street Fighter2 PCB, would I be able to play it even though there is only 4 buttons on each players controls??

Not really Neo related, but I figured if someone would know, it would be in here.
Thanks.

------------------
"Everyone's Gonna Die!!"

JoeHigashi
01-08-2001, 08:22 PM
yes it would work due to it being jamma standard

Maxim
01-08-2001, 11:45 PM
Cool, thanks.

Does anyone know how it would play with only 4 buttons??

I mean, Do we really use the weak attacks??

------------------
"Everyone's Gonna Die!!"

RabbitTroop
01-09-2001, 04:11 AM
I am not sure what kind of cabinet you have, but wiring the extra buttons is pretty easy on most, and they can also be quickly removed for Neo Games... anyway, I am not sure how the buttons map on the Jamma harness, since CPS2 systems have a special adapter to allow them to run with the 6 button setup, also... remember the Neo Geo is not truly Jamma... since it uses 4 buttons, the Jamma standard is 3. I have been thinking about getting a CPS3 lately since they are so cheap.. let me know how your board works just plugged straight into the jamma harness (PS sound wont work either since it is stereo Q-Sound and Jamma supports only mono!)....

-Nick

RabbitTroop
01-09-2001, 04:12 AM
I am not sure what kind of cabinet you have, but wiring the extra buttons is pretty easy on most, and they can also be quickly removed for Neo Games... anyway, I am not sure how the buttons map on the Jamma harness, since CPS2 systems have a special adapter to allow them to run with the 6 button setup, also... remember the Neo Geo is not truly Jamma... since it uses 4 buttons, the Jamma standard is 3. I have been thinking about getting a CPS3 lately since they are so cheap.. let me know how your board works just plugged straight into the jamma harness (PS sound wont work either since it is stereo Q-Sound and Jamma supports only mono!)....

-Nick

Mentor
01-11-2001, 07:40 PM
The way SF2 would play without any additional wiring is that the buttons a to c would all be assiated with a punch and the forth button would not be used. Unless you wired it to the sf2 pcb on it's interface for the extra buttons (ie kicks)..

Mentor...

Maxim
01-11-2001, 07:42 PM
Aw...that sucks...

Oh well, I guess I'll just keep playing it on me SNES.
Hehe

------------------
"Everyone's Gonna Die!!"