PCB question

Maxim

Kabuki Klasher
Like I've said before, I have a MVS cabinet,
If I were to take out the 4-slot PCB and put a Street Fighter2 PCB, would I be able to play it even though there is only 4 buttons on each players controls??

Not really Neo related, but I figured if someone would know, it would be in here.
Thanks.

------------------
"Everyone's Gonna Die!!"

Maxim

Kabuki Klasher
Cool, thanks.

Does anyone know how it would play with only 4 buttons??

I mean, Do we really use the weak attacks??

------------------
"Everyone's Gonna Die!!"

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I am not sure what kind of cabinet you have, but wiring the extra buttons is pretty easy on most, and they can also be quickly removed for Neo Games... anyway, I am not sure how the buttons map on the Jamma harness, since CPS2 systems have a special adapter to allow them to run with the 6 button setup, also... remember the Neo Geo is not truly Jamma... since it uses 4 buttons, the Jamma standard is 3. I have been thinking about getting a CPS3 lately since they are so cheap.. let me know how your board works just plugged straight into the jamma harness (PS sound wont work either since it is stereo Q-Sound and Jamma supports only mono!)....

-Nick

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I am not sure what kind of cabinet you have, but wiring the extra buttons is pretty easy on most, and they can also be quickly removed for Neo Games... anyway, I am not sure how the buttons map on the Jamma harness, since CPS2 systems have a special adapter to allow them to run with the 6 button setup, also... remember the Neo Geo is not truly Jamma... since it uses 4 buttons, the Jamma standard is 3. I have been thinking about getting a CPS3 lately since they are so cheap.. let me know how your board works just plugged straight into the jamma harness (PS sound wont work either since it is stereo Q-Sound and Jamma supports only mono!)....

-Nick

Mentor

n00b
The way SF2 would play without any additional wiring is that the buttons a to c would all be assiated with a punch and the forth button would not be used. Unless you wired it to the sf2 pcb on it's interface for the extra buttons (ie kicks)..

Mentor...

Maxim

Kabuki Klasher
Aw...that sucks...

Oh well, I guess I'll just keep playing it on me SNES.
Hehe

------------------
"Everyone's Gonna Die!!"