MVS No sound

capcombug

n00b
Hi guys I have a minor problem with a MVS board i recently purchased. I purchased a MVS 1 slot board, its a MVH series. When I hooked it up to my jamma cab, everything works except for sound. The guy who sold it to me said when he had it hookup to his jamma cab it had sound. Is there something i'm doing wrong? I moved the volume switches all the way up on the board. The cab i'm using is an atomiswave american upright cab by the way. Let me know if you guys can help me out. Thanks

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Which board is it exactly? Isn't the AW cab stereo sound? If it is, make sure the MVS mobo has the sound switch set to stereo.

capcombug

n00b
The board is MVS MVH Slot 1F. I set the switch to stereo but still nothing. I'm curious if anyone else has ever had to wire sound from the MVS board speaker pinouts instead of relying on the jamma.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
An unmodified AW cab can't be called JAMMA. They are set up to connect to a header on the board which outputs stereo sound. The AW only outputs mono via the JAMMA connector.

capcombug

n00b
Thanks for the tip. After reading your post, i took a closer look and you are 100% correct. Infact, the jamma harness on the AW is missing audio completely. It is rewired in a seperate connection that goes to the AW motherboard. Thanks for your help..... now all i have to do is tap into that connection and my problems will be fixed. Thanks for clearing this up.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Titletown huh? No shit, what's up fellow cheese head! :D

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Glad you figured it out. You were starting to freak me out! lol ;)