3 MVS related questions

svenask

n00b
#1. When purchasing a single slot MVS board what should come with it? Any questions I should ask?

#2. If connecting to a system such as the HGA - will it automatically grab the 2nd channel of audio for stereo sound? If not, how would you wire it to take advantage of it?

#3. If you want to use the old style neo sticks instead of their HGA ones can I plug my old sticks into the connectors on the MVS board? From what I understand from someone on #rgvac (effnet) if you do this you can hit start and play the games but you won't be able to see the demos run.

That's all!

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
Well, I don't have direct answers to your questions, but I think I can give you most of what you want to know.

For an MVS board, if you want stereo sound and the ability to use Neo joysticks, look for a 1-slot board with the joystick ports or a 2-slot. Don't go with a 4 or 6 slot, since I hear they drain too much power and may not work properly.

Basically, don't get a mini 1-slot. (That's what I have, actually.
tongue.gif
) It has mono sound and no joystick ports. However, I kind of like the HGA joysticks anyway.

The mini 1-slot's model number is MVH-MV1B. Just don't get that one, and you should be fine.

I'm happy with my mini 1-slot though, but it would be nice to be able to use real Neo joysticks. ^_^

But to try to get to your questions...

1) Basically, you should get just the board. *Maybe* you'll get the manual too, but don't count on it. Go to Under the Neo Geo Moon for some scans of MVS manuals.
http://welcome.to/undertheneogeomoon

2) I don't know. I don't think you need to do any special wiring though.

3) I told you what I know about that above.

Hope this helps!