What's the deal with MAS systems?

eaglesfan

Quiz Detective
Has anyone had any good experiences with MAS systems? I was interested in them from their website which has arcade cabinets, monitors, etc. as I am looking for a possible arcade cabinet and I want one that will last a long time. I liked the idea of getting a new cabinet with new monitor etc. and the ability to have other home game systems in the cabinets and to be 100% Jamma compatible. I also liked the idea of choosing the style, color, etc for the cabinet which would host a MVS Neo Geo and possibly a Dreamcast system. In particular I liked the SAS-2000SC with detachable monitor and Super Pro Sticks. I have called and emailed them with no real responses. Anyone have any experiences with MAS arcade cabinets? If MAS is unreliable, is there anywhere else that I can find such a setup for an arcade cabinet? Thanks.

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
Try calling them at this number 877-214-4346. I have dealt with them in the past and they are fairly reliable.

Bad Mofo

Neo Geo Cup '98
Well they might be reliable, but I ordered and paid a complete SuperNOVA system around the 15th of November. They did send me the tracking numbers and that shows that the goods where shipped the 30th of November. I still haven't received anything yet, though!
They might be reliable, but I wouldn't recommend them.

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
Yeah, I emailed MAS a few months ago about a Super Nova, and they never got back to me. MAS either (a) doesn't want people's money or (b) gets swamped with more orders/inquiries than they can handle.

I've heard several people on this board say they've passed on MAS simply because they wouldn't get back to them. I'm guessing the reason is option (b), so I'd suggest to them that they get more help to process all these orders. They're throwing money away! But if they want to do that, that's their perogative.

If you want good customer service, go with an HGA, at www.gwtrading.com . They're more than happy to answer your questions AND take your money, unlike MAS.
wink.gif

Bad Mofo

Neo Geo Cup '98
I have just sent an e-mail to them, requesting my money back.

I cannot stress how much I hate it when I buy stuff from people and send them my money in good faith only to keep me waiting for months, with NO e-mail to explain the delay.

I guess I'll be selling my MVS stuff in the near future. (4-slot,Captain Tomaday,Real Bout 2,Ganryu and Flip Shot)

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Bad-Mofo where do you live? Nov30th? Damn, did they send it by snail?

MAS does suck when it comes to answering anything, in both my experince by email and others by phone/email. I still myself am undecided about a SuperNOVA or HGA as they both have good/bad points... checkout www.gwtrading.com to learn about the HGA if you wish.

PS - Anyone got anymore experiences about the HGA or SuperNOVA? Im always looking for more opinions on these two.

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
Originally posted by outsider:
PS - Anyone got anymore experiences about the HGA or SuperNOVA? Im always looking for more opinions on these two.

I have a Super Nova from MAS. It took approximately two months after the original order for me to receive it. I even had them make me 4-button sticks like the ones on a NEO cabinet instead of the standard 6-button ones. The overall craftsmanship and quality is excellent. The long wait may be frustrating though so keep that in mind when you order from them. I do know that they have hired some people to help them with the work so hopefully they should turn out their products more quickly.