neo CD power supply issues

BenimaruN

Overtop Pathfinder
what are the ratings for the neo cd (american)power supply? i bought a used japanese neo cd and i was told that the power supply that waas provided with it would work fine. (so far so good, no sparks, no smoke
smile.gif
) but i don't trust the guy who sold me the thing so i'm asking you guys. what are the values for AC volts, amps, and frequency on the american neo cd?

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I bought a used Jap Neo CD system too, with the original power supply, and it works fine attached to U.S. outlet/TV. I believe that there is no problem using this, but one thing I always did was to only plug in the AC adapter when I was using the Neo CD system, but keep it unplugged when not being used. I do this with all my systems, to minimize strain on the AC adapters, since for the Neo they are hard to find/replace.

Some people advocate buying a step down converter for the Jap Neo systems, to take it down from U.S. 120V to Jap 100V. That would be the safest approach if you're worried about it . . .
biggrin.gif

Neo Fan

King's Dry Cleaner
Originally posted by chimpmeister:
but one thing I always did was to only plug in the AC adapter when I was using the Neo CD system, but keep it unplugged when not being used. I do this with all my systems, to minimize strain on the AC adapters, since for the Neo they are hard to find/replace.

That is a wise move, I do the same thing. If you leave an adapter plugged in all the time, there is always power to it. This can certainly shorten their lifespan.

Anthony

BenimaruN

Overtop Pathfinder
good advice, now the trick is where might i purchase this wonderful gadget?