MVS Joystick Question

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I just installed a new IL joystick in my MVS 4-Slot and now it is stuck going in the right direction. I checked to see if it was pushing in on one of the pins and it is not. Also in the test screen it shows a 1 on the right at all times, unless I press it right and then it goes to 0. Any help for a Neo Noob is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Try clearing your backup ram first. Once in a great while it causes things like that. It sounds weird but it does happen.

If that doesn't fix it then test the microswitch for the right direction to make sure it's working correctly because it sounds like it's an always closed switch so when you press it the button shows as open.

If it isn't that, it's possible that it's the Neo-C1 going bad or a resistor array.

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Cleared the backup ram, tried just replacing the white part that connects the wires and still the same problem. Should I just pull the wire and go to radio shack and get another connector? I was hoping this was going to be easy, but of course not.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Test the switch to make sure it's working correctly. If it is then it's most likely the resistor array or Neo-C1. It's a common problem, hopefully it isn't the Neo-C1 itself.

toodles

Zero's Secretary
You sure you have the two terminal going to the COM and NO tabs, and not the COM and NC tabs?