Xneo-1 Help...

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
Guys,

I just got an Xneo-1 today. I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer!

1) What is the "Town's Mode" switch? What does it do?

2) Can I hook up this device to a computer monitor (VGA or DVI) via the 15 PIN out socket? If not, what is this port used for?

3) When I plug the Xneo-1 into the back of my Neo and plug the AV Cable in the "8 PIN Out pass thru DIN", I do not get any type of picture or sound. What is this jack used for?

4) Can I use this device on a Sega Genesis 1 System? (the one with the volume slider) This is the main reason I bought this unit. I know it uses the same DIN jack.

Thanks in advance,
Kenny

[ August 15, 2002: Message edited by: Kenny Boy ]</p>

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
Originally posted by Kenny Boy:
<strong>

4) Can I use this device on a Sega Genesis 1 System? (the one with the volume slider) This is the main reason I bought this unit. I know it uses the same DIN jack.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I heard through 16-bit that you can do this. He may be able to answer your other questions as well.

Kpj

any one else?

Err this thing is an S-Vid converter, right?

Well, the MD (Genesis) uses the same pin-outs as the Neo. However, some RGB leads have caps in them so it may be a little different. Doubt it as both use the 1145 chip. So in theory all should be fine.

Sorry, can't help on the specifics as I don't have one and never saw one!

The MD can be s-vid modded too......

s2112d

Zero's Secretary
20 Year Member
The Xneo-1 works great with the Genesis 1. The s-video output is really nice, I'm planning to use it for a supergun that I plan to build eventually.

Sal

[ January 17, 2003: Message edited by: s2112d ]</p>

Kpj

Guys,

Thanks for the info. I am now wondering what the TOWNS MODE is and what I can hook this thing up to via the 15 Pin jack.

Please keep the info coming!

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
#1 Never really figured it out, doesnt seem to affect anything. Maybe something to do with the MARTY.

#2 the 15 pin is just a standard 15 pin RGB port, it does not output any sort of upscanned signal. There are many devices tht use ports like this to make RGB connections (especially other MICOMSOFT devices).

#3 The passthrough is for RGB, not composite.

#4 no idea

BTW if you havent noticed, if you want stereo out, you have to run an 1/8inch phono fromt he stereo jack up front to the stereo jack on the X-NEO1, otherwise you just get mono on both sides.

ChrisR

Originally posted by Kenny Boy:
<strong>Guys,

I just got an Xneo-1 today. I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer!

1) What is the "Town's Mode" switch? What does it do?

2) Can I hook up this device to a computer monitor (VGA or DVI) via the 15 PIN out socket? If not, what is this port used for?

3) When I plug the Xneo-1 into the back of my Neo and plug the AV Cable in the "8 PIN Out pass thru DIN", I do not get any type of picture or sound. What is this jack used for?

Thanks in advance,
Kenny

[ August 15, 2002: Message edited by: Kenny Boy ]</strong><hr></blockquote>