MVS GAMES WONT WORK

Hello I brought 3 games and they have been cleaned by the vendor and I cleaned the contacts with a eraser and wiped down with anti static wipes and when in the machine I only get the crosshatch. How do I fix the games to get them working. The games are
METAL SLUG
NAM1975
KING OF THE MONSTERS

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Clean the slots.
Check +5v level with board connected.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
You need to use a multimeter and check the voltage at the jamma edge with the board plugged in. If you don't have a multimeter you'll need to get one.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Check the voltage between any ground pin and +5v pin.

jamma_pinout_engadget_howto.jpg

Here's a tutorial: http://www.umd.umich.edu/casl/natsci/slc/slconline/IDIG/Voltage.swf

You'll want the voltage to be between +5v and +5.1v with load.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
It goes without saying to be extremely careful not to short any of the pins on the edge connector. One slip can easily render a board useless.

All my other games work in the 4 slot it's just the two games that don't work metal slug and king of the monsters

BattraxZ

Banned
I have seen threads where the order of the carts in multislot boards affects operation. Just try the carts one by one? In different slots? Then if they work find a order that they all work in?

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Sometimes you just need to play with certain carts to find their sweet spot. I've had the same problem with a couple of carts and inserting them down fully then pulling them back up slightly usually gets them to play.

When I do this, I take all the other carts out so I can just focus on the "problem" carts.

Camp

Zero's Secretary
10 Year Member
Did you clean the slots?
What is a good way to clean slots? I know how to clean boards and contacts, but getting in the slots is a bit tricky. I use a credit card with a lint cloth around it and wet it slightly with rubbing alcohol. It doesn't seem to pull out much dirt though.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I use Deoxit-D5. It's a very good cleaning spray that gets rid of corrosion and promotes connectivity. I do the credit card method with cloth and spray it with the D5 and then I put some on the cart as well and insert and remove it a few times. 100% success rate do far.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
I also use a credit card but I wrap a piece of thin cardboard from a cereal box or something around it and soak it with isopropyl alcohol or window cleaner.

i've got the 2 games working now... metal slug and king of the monsters.some one local told me to try metal polish lint on the connectors. they looked clean but when i polished them, that much crap came off and put the carts back in the machine and they haven't missed a beat.
i even done it to other cart which played up when not in a special way and now they work great.
i stuff i used is called NEVR-DULL. made in US

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
i've got the 2 games working now... metal slug and king of the monsters.some one local told me to try metal polish lint on the connectors. they looked clean but when i polished them, that much crap came off and put the carts back in the machine and they haven't missed a beat.
i even done it to other cart which played up when not in a special way and now they work great.
i stuff i used is called NEVR-DULL. made in US

Don't use that stuff since it's abrasive. One day you will cut a trace doing that and not know.