Trouble Witches NEO

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
Today on SNKP's yt channel the company made official its decision to port "Trouble Witches NEO" on the XBLA platform.

The game will come out in Winter for 800MSp according to this trailer

Thoughts?

I will buy it as soon as it comes out:) looks cute and fun to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trouble Witches: A.K.A. "SNK-P Nail In Coffin #3"

The moment I saw this on SNK-P's website, I thought, "Shito's going to be all over this like a fly on poop". Guess I was right.

(Let the records also state that this is the first time in my nine years on this site that I've used the word "poop" in one of my posts.)

Edit:
It turns out the game is based on an earlier fan-made shooter made by (independent fan-game developer) Studio Siesta from 2007 called "Trouble Witches":
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/troublewitches/troublewitches.htm

So, have things gotten so bad that SNK-P has had to release other peoples games? Could SNK-P be reduced to nothing more than a commercial distributor for fan-made shmups (or worse, MUGEN-based fighting games)? This can't be good...

Last edited by a moderator:

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Why the fuck does every single gaming company associate most STGs with goddamn weaboo faggots?

Terrible voice acting+deathsmiles+disgaea-esque music, though for 800MSP I may try it as deathsmiles is good (everything but the case)

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
I don't really care about the weaboos themselves, they can go do whatever the fuck it is they do in their corner, but it pisses me off when companies think that the only target audience they have is going to be said retards. The whole loli thing with deathsmiles was bullshit too.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

The moment I saw this on SNK-P's website, I thought, "Shito's going to be all over this like a fly on poop". Guess I was right.

(Let the records also state that this is the first time in my nine years on this site that I've used the word "poop" in one of my posts.)

Edit:
It turns out the game is based on an earlier fan-made shooter made by (independent fan-game developer) Studio Siesta from 2007 called "Trouble Witches":
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/troublewitches/troublewitches.htm

So, have things gotten so bad that SNK-P has had to release other peoples games? Could SNK-P be reduced to nothing more than a commercial distributor for fan-made shmups (or worse, MUGEN-based fighting games)? This can't be good...

The game was published by Adventure Planning Company for the arcade TaitoX a while back in Japan:
http://www.bouken.jp/pd/tw/index.html
Kind of surprising 'cos they had traditionally been known as a dice & paper RPG publisher.

Whether it was doujin, don't poop all over it d00d, the community that develops these titles have a long history of talent, it's not synonymous with low quality or summat.

http://www.bouken.jp/pd/twx/index.html

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
This is cool. Another shooter for XBLA!

My only issue is why do the characters look like little girls?!? Not trying to bitch, just wondering why this pattern keeps happening.

GAMEFAN

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I don't care about this game at all.

I'm just posting to say to neogeogod:

Your Jill Valentine AV is pretty cool.

The game was published by Adventure Planning Company for the arcade TaitoX a while back in Japan:
http://www.bouken.jp/pd/tw/index.html
Kind of surprising 'cos they had traditionally been known as a dice & paper RPG publisher.

Whether it was doujin, don't poop all over it d00d, the community that develops these titles have a long history of talent, it's not synonymous with low quality or summat.

http://www.bouken.jp/pd/twx/index.html

I didn't anything about the game itself being bad. In fact, after looking at a couple of videos, it looks like fun (like a cross between Death Smiles and Cotton with a shinier coat of paint).

My main beef was with the fact SNK-P may very well be on the road to being reduced to a third-party distributor (given the number of cell phone and pachinko games versus actual games they've released over the past two years, such a development may turn out to be true). My biggest concern is seeing all these IPs with a ton of potential either rot on the vine or turn into another perverted cell-phone game. And really, is this the sort of legacy SNK-P wants to leave behind- a once-proud niche developer of top-notch arcade games (at least in the 90s) reduced to churning out strip mahjong/pachinko games for the creepy otaku crowd? (Remember, Telenet Japan's last game was a hentai version of their Valus franchise called Valus X; they went out of business shortly after that.)

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
you know it's funny, you're a business (SNKP) and happen to be in the video entertainment field.. so, you have to make things are related to your business and sell what makes $. 2-D fighters were the companies and other companies money maker for years.. times have changed and SNKP should adjust accordingly. The thing that kills me about KOFXIII is too much R&D went into graphics.. Any Capcom CPS III game is outstanding and done a lot quicker and with less R&D, which means less investment and greater potential return. SNKP so didn't need to use 3-D models for these new characters.. they're good enough to make massive, hi-res, 2-D animating sprites. Capcom will release MVC3... sure it's straight 3-D.. but, it doesn't look bad, and it's probably fun. I'd be more interested to see some cool old school SNK characters in a massive roster pseudo 3-d fighter than a broken, small rostered, amazingly animated KOF like we've been getting. Games are about cool ideas, fun, and a good presentation.. not perfecting source shadowing on sprites and lots of bugs.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I didn't anything about the game itself being bad. In fact, after looking at a couple of videos, it looks like fun (like a cross between Death Smiles and Cotton with a shinier coat of paint).

My main beef was with the fact SNK-P may very well be on the road to being reduced to a third-party distributor (given the number of cell phone and pachinko games versus actual games they've released over the past two years, such a development may turn out to be true). My biggest concern is seeing all these IPs with a ton of potential either rot on the vine or turn into another perverted cell-phone game. And really, is this the sort of legacy SNK-P wants to leave behind- a once-proud niche developer of top-notch arcade games (at least in the 90s) reduced to churning out strip mahjong/pachinko games for the creepy otaku crowd? (Remember, Telenet Japan's last game was a hentai version of their Valus franchise called Valus X; they went out of business shortly after that.)

People make fun of romance novels as trashy and disposable but they sell more than any other genre of print. MVS no longer exists — it was a good run, but SNK-P is now saavy about diversifying. The installation base of technologically advanced cellphones is very high in Japan, it's not just some thing that makes phone calls and maybe sends SMS like the phone I use. Deco-mails on phones have animation and vibrant colors. I look at mine and feel like I have the equivalent of a Tiger.com.

It's just not fair to compare SNK-P to Telenet, which really did practically nothing with their IPs. SNK-P seems to be doing fine with their model of revenue generating sources in the form of licensing goods, fully exploring cellphone and pachislots, while also giving the much needed facelift to KOF, and now even patching the arcade with update, unimaginable just a mere year ago.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
People make fun of romance novels as trashy and disposable but they sell more than any other genre of print.

They sell more because the ARE trashy and disposable. There's a reason dime novels and pulp fiction have been popular for 200 years.

Fett

Camel Slug
I think SNK-p may have finally found the right markets to not fail so hard in. They're games have triditionally been not-so-robust compaired to other $50-$60 games, and developing cheaper games doe XBLA and cell phones makes more sense. I personaly don't care for the loli cuteness bull shit, but if that's what people are buying, that's what they'll make. Blame the consumers. I myself would much rather see a Blazing Star or Pulstar sequal.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
That game looks cool as shit. Seriously. It looks fun.

dosdemon

Zero's Secretary
God why is SNKP pandering to the terrible moe otakubait crowd. Jesus christ this is everything wrong with modern shmups in one game. Bullet hell sucks too. I miss Compile, Aicom/Yumekobo, IREM etc. Why can't we just get nice, normal sci-fi or whatever themed shooters. WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE FULL OF LITTLE GIRLS

God why is SNKP pandering to the terrible moe otakubait crowd. Jesus christ this is everything wrong with modern shmups in one game. Bullet hell sucks too. I miss Compile, Aicom/Yumekobo, IREM etc. Why can't we just get nice, normal sci-fi or whatever themed shooters. WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE FULL OF LITTLE GIRLS

Because that's what people buy.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
looks like it's on the easy side of things,
but it also looks fun.
I'd like to check it out.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Much like SkyStages, the only way I am buying that is if there is an option to NOT have the shitty American voice acting.

I'm sure the Japanese is just as bad, but I don't know the language enough to know how shitty it's being said, so I don't care. :p

Other than that, that game actually does look fun, I'll be demoing that for sure.

westtrade

Overtop Pathfinder
10 Year Member
I dont know how the xbox port will turn out but the Type X2 version plays great. Its well worth a xbox live purchase.

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
The game does look fun. The visuals look great. Yeah, its weeabooish, but let's face it, they need the money bad. Hopefully it sells well and they use the money to fix the netcode in their upcoming games.