RGB to NTSC converter wiring question

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
I have a JROK RGB to NTSC converter for my supergun ""WORKS GREAT"" ....today I was testing the wires because the quick crimp connectors I was using were loose and I lost the image .

while re-wiring the unit I had 4 of the 5 wires connected only one left was the ground . but without the ground wire connected to the converter the image came up ! And it was shockingly clearer and crisper ! with no wavy lines going across the screen . I want to know if its a bad thing to leave the GND un-connected because surely enough when I re-connected the GND it was back to its original quality .

Please help me with this question .
The screen looks AWESOME without the GND connected but I dont want my supergun to be damaged either .

George

Devilman78

Camel Slug
What power supply are you using?

Try swapping the power supply, I've seen that happen before.

I've noticed big power supply's without 3 prong plugs do that.

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Devilman78:
<strong>What power supply are you using?

Try swapping the power supply, I've seen that happen before.

I've noticed big power supply's without 3 prong plugs do that.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I am using the original MVS power supply .

But s it ok to leave it un-connected ?

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Well, if you're TV hasn't exploaded, and the converter hasn't melted down then I guess it's fine. I still don't know how you can get a picture w/o SOME kind of ground connected, there just has to be, the converter chip wouldn't function w/o ground.

Peace

JHendrix

Rigel

The Ultimate 11
Originally posted by JHendrix:
<strong>Well, if you're TV hasn't exploaded, and the converter hasn't melted down then I guess it's fine. I still don't know how you can get a picture w/o SOME kind of ground connected, there just has to be, the converter chip wouldn't function w/o ground.

Peace

JHendrix</strong><hr></blockquote>

The JROK converter takes in 2 grounds. One that goes with the +5 volts, and one that goes with the RGB. Maybe the lines cross on the board so that it's alright if only one is connected.

Devilman78

Camel Slug
Originally posted by JHendrix:
<strong>Well, if you're TV hasn't exploaded, and the converter hasn't melted down then I guess it's fine. I still don't know how you can get a picture w/o SOME kind of ground connected, there just has to be, the converter chip wouldn't function w/o ground.

Peace

JHendrix</strong><hr></blockquote>

It must be pulling ground off the TV.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I am getting a Super Nova used next week and it sometimes turns the screen all green. Hmm I will have to check the wiring.