What kind of serial numbers are out there?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I just checked out my Serials and i was wondering what other people have, and when they bought their Neo system.

Neo AES
90A 000157
Purchased long ago

Neo CD
KA 0021785
purchased 1998 from SNK USA

S

Silent_Scope

My AES is 90A-011439
Yours is really OLD!!!!!
Haven't checked my Neo CD yet........it's in my storage room

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
Mine's 90A-019927 but I bought mine in 1994, how could that be??

James

S

Silent_Scope

I bought mine long time ago......I remembered I got my second game "Magician Lord" from Japan video games in California two weeks after L.A. Riot. How come my serial number is so closed to Yuckydog?
Anybody?

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
My cart system: 90A 013208 purchased in 1990 when the Neo FIRST hit the U.S., and wasn't even in the fancy black box w/pics yet (mine game in a plain white box with some text but no pics on it).

My Jap Neo CD system: Model CD-T01, serial JA-0112379, purchased used a few years ago but complete with box and everything.

I have one more brand new U.S. CD system in storage.

S

Silent_Scope

so chimpmeister, so your machine is older than mine and NeoSneth? How can you tell which serial number is the oldest?

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Silent_Scope: No, my system is not older than yours or Neosnetsh's. The age of the systems coming off the manufacturing line is measured, I think, just by serial number. All three of our systems would be considered very old, "first generation" Neo cart systems. There were, I think, at least three generations of Neo cart systems, each with different motherboard and/or daughterboard configurations (first gen had no daughterboards). Anyway, Jeff Kurtz is the best source for information about the various different Neo cart system revisions, I don't really have that info.

I will say that many people say the newest Neo cart systems, with serial numbers above 300,000 (format 3xxxxx) are supposed to have the best video output. I've never seen this with my own eyes, but I did have my Neo cart system modded by Jeff Kurtz for s-video output, and the picture looks GREAT!!!

S

Silent_Scope

I like to buy "first generation" console. Neo Cart, Neo CD, Duo, DC, PS2 and PS are all first generation and still working great.
I have three PS systems (1000, 7000, and PSOne) and I still like 1000 model. I sold 7000 model to my friend (brand new, unopened)and kept the rest two. My PS still runs great, no overheat or any problem except I'm very regret to put mod chip on it. A beautiful baby with a mod chip inside.....:<

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I know with many other systems it's not a good idea to get 2nd , 3rd , etc gen editions. usually the company sacrifices cheaper parts to make the system cheaper. this was the case with both the Sega Saturn and PSX....such as the removal of the i/o port. Though first gen systems' internals do not seem to be as orderly as the latter boards.

Totius

n00b
Hey, great discusion. I looked on my Neo Geo CD and the serial number on it is KA 0001148? Strange I think. A042564 is the ser. nmb. on my modul konsole? Old or not?
I don´t mind.

------------------
rip001.gif

[This message has been edited by Totius (edited January 14, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Totius (edited January 14, 2001).]

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
Here is mine:

90A 015259

I bought mine used so I have no idea how old it is, it works and that is what counts. It is a japanese one (still have the japanese box). Based on the numbers I'm seeing here everybody has a japanese one or maybe there isn't a difference between US and Jap consoles except for packaging? Any info on that one?

------------------
Check out my new site Game Collector at http://gamecollector.filetap.com

B

Bobak!

I bought my Neo Cart system new in 1991 from Software Etc., its serial number is:

90A 020371

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
Hi Neo Geo fans,

My serial is 90A 211319. I bought it used, so is my newer?

NSX-T

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
My front loading Neo Geo CD has a serial # of 107.