How do you clean your Neo Geo System

S

Silent_Scope

How do you guys clean your Neo Geo Home System? I use some cleaning kits but my system still has sound problem on and off. Any suggestion?

peterr928

Another Striker,
20 Year Member
what kind of sound problem? Sometimes the music will change pitches and volume randomly on mine

Mentor

n00b
If your trying to clean the cartridge slot on the console, a simple can of compressed air is what I've always used.
But as for cartridges and pcb's a quality eraser or a non alcholic cleaning solution is usually the best meathod.

What games are causing trouble anyway?

Mentor...

S

Silent_Scope

For example, when I put in my brand new KOF 96 or FF Special, I can see the SNK title screen and everything but sound doesn't come out. I have to take cart out several times in order to make it sound. According to my memory, only high meg cart will cause problem like that....maybe I'm wrong....
(I do clean with cart regularly by using cleaning kits)

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Originally posted by Silent_Scope:
For example, when I put in my brand new KOF 96 or FF Special, I can see the SNK title screen and everything but sound doesn't come out. I have to take cart out several times in order to make it sound. According to my memory, only high meg cart will cause problem like that....maybe I'm wrong....
(I do clean with cart regularly by using cleaning kits)

Maybe your carts are not seated properly. Make sure it all the way in.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I have similar problems on my MVS and it is either a dirty cart (which I usually clean by wetting a q-tip with water and cleaning the contacts, then blowing the whole thing dry and clean with compressed air) or the board is not all the way in. Some big games like MOTW and MS3 do seem more sensitive then other ones... I usually have to seat them a few times before they are good... but once in they are set. Press the cart in nice and good, if it is still giving you trouble try cleaning the contacts of the board... but if it still isn't working... um... beats me
smile.gif
Also, an art gum can be very useful for cleaning the contacts on a Neo Cart, but you will most likely have to take the cart apart to get the space needed to work on it with the gum... also, this will leave a bunch of eraser pieces, so have the compressed air ready to blow the contacts clean.

-Nick

S

Silent_Scope

Right now I put my original US console back to my closet and use JPN one. It works great without any problem....hmmmm
Like I said before, I'll stick with JPN forever (same with KOF 2000, haha)