KOF XIII Arcade Update 1

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
that's great news, and I'm actually shocked that madman's cafe is still around. I feel like the last time I saw that site I was over a decade ago.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I'm so glad they did this, and that they didn't charge anything for the fix. Hopefully now a home release will be discussed

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I agree eddie, I am very happy they are standing behind support. This fullfills a concern I have. All we need is different market exposure and a great smooth home release. SNKP needs the credibility they once had, and this is a great step in the proper direction.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
From MMCafe forum:

SNKP hasn't made any public announcements, but so far from what's been reported by players, it's basically just a bug and infinite fix. Things that players have confirmed so far-

-Hwa Jai's outofscreen bug, Vice's throw glitch, and Ralf's NeoMax bugs are fixed. Throw escape bug for Mai is apparently still present.

-Infinites (Mature, Joe) are gone. However, infinites limited to character pairing (Kim vs Takuma, Iori vs Mai) are reportedly still present.

-Meterless EX for Goro and Takuma are fixed. -Raiden's eats damage when his anti-air throw trades hits.-Roll HD is gone.

-No character balance changes, meaning Raiden still has his drop kicks and the GCDK is present, K' still has his same Jump D, etcetc.

So basically, it just means that in terms of general gameplay, people will be dropping Mature and continue to use a teamup of K' & Raiden & (Liz-Kula-Kyo-whatever). For the hasstle of an HDD replacement, that's a bit of a pity.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
It may not necessarily be the case here, but for a fighting game, 3 months may not be enough to tell whether a character is really overpowered or not, or if all the balance issues have been discovered.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
The game not being super balanced isn't so bad as removing game crippling glitches. This is just big news because it shows SNKP fucking listened. IT's a shame that they didn't give revisions for SvC Chaos because that could have been an amazing title.

KOFXII provided new sprites and a tempting engine
KOFXIII proves SNKP actually gives a shit about the longevity of its games.

KOFXIV would be a dream match...that could be fun, but hopefully years off still.

For now SNKP focus on a different series to bring back. You will never make a new IP which fine whatever. Garou 2, that should be next. Fuck Garou HDR

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I would really love a new last blade. That series was so cool and had amazing potential. I don't and never will understand the total lack of interest in it. I was playing my candy early using my speed setsuna again, and its still fun as hell.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
If they are to make another HD revival, it would certainly be a Metal Slug or a Samurai Shodown game. Don't expect anything else for a while lol.

vishema

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Yay!

I'll finally be able to use Vice w/o fear of the glitch! Practice mode, here I cometh!!:mr_t:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I would really love a new last blade. That series was so cool and had amazing potential. I don't and never will understand the total lack of interest in it. I was playing my candy early using my speed setsuna again, and its still fun as hell.

I've only played the DC port and even then it is beautiful. There is such an elegance to that title that I haven't seen anywhere else. It is also about an era of history not normally covered by video games.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Alright SNKp, at least you are doing something right. Now all you have to do is to make sure that the net play is good for the console release and we are good to go.
:buttrock:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Well, lets hope for the best. Theres no reason not to be optimistic since they addressed some issues here.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I think I just updated my expect the worst but hope for the best stance to true optimism.

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
Did we really think they would leave the bugs in the game all the way to the console version.

Are our expectations for them that low?

Ianskie

n00b
I think it's good that they are listening to people and patching stuff. Maybe SNKP wants to test how the game plays and get as much stuff patched before announcing a console release. And hopefull they will listen to fans when it comes to the netcode as well.

I am looking forward to what's going to happen.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think it's good that they are listening to people and patching stuff. Maybe SNKP wants to test how the game plays and get as much stuff patched before announcing a console release. And hopefull they will listen to fans when it comes to the netcode as well.

I am looking forward to what's going to happen.

Chances are that the netcode won't be right. Think about it - has SNKP delivered good netcode ever? I would have a different opinion if they patched KoF XII for home users.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
Yeah , nothing compares to offline play :).

That's why i never understood the issue of bad netcode with KOF XII.

The game was fun with some locals.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Chances are that the netcode won't be right. Think about it - has SNKP delivered good netcode ever? I would have a different opinion if they patched KoF XII for home users.

Must be nice having wet dreams like this... :(

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Yeah , nothing compares to offline play :).

That's why i never understood the issue of bad netcode with KOF XII.

The game was fun with some locals.

This issue has been explained ad nauseum. Even I'M sick of talknig netcode, and you know how much I love hating on KOF XII.

At this point, there's no excuse for 'not understanding' all the layers of fail associated with bad netcode for KOF XII.

It may not affect YOUR particular enjoyment of the title, and that's cool, but to say 'I don't understand' when others have explained valid reasons for the problems at forums IN WHICH YOU VISIT AND POST is just willful ignorance.

Last edited: