Magical Drop F to be released on PSN today.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
As a part of PSone Japan Imports.

According to this week's "The Drop". (Playstation Blog)

5042973508_17177a35b6.jpg

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
Ooo, nice. I wonder if there's a way to get this onto the PS3 without upgrading it to 3.5. Maybe using the PSP as an intermediary.

Clessy

Banned
Remember back in the day when the snk news forum was for snk news. Good times.

SSS

neo retired
Too much lag with hdtv and wireless controls. My ps3 controller would probably burst into flames anyway.

Fett

Camel Slug
Google image search for "Magical Drop F" with safe search off yealded interisting results...

aria

Former Moderator
Downloaded it, tried it, didn't like it.

I beat the battle mode in normal on my first play ever. It reminds me of why I don't like the NGPC version: the gameplay is too slow.

So how is the game overall.. Faithful to the Neo Geo games in terms of gameplay/visuals etc? (I would expect the resolution to be much higher of course)

aria

Former Moderator
So how is the game overall.. Faithful to the Neo Geo games in terms of gameplay/visuals etc? (I would expect the resolution to be much higher of course)

It doesn't play nearly as fast or tight as the Neo versions (things seem to be on a delay), but the visuals are good. The sound is decent. However the characterizations just don't seem as over the top as they do in MD3 --particularly when it's set to Japan mode.