2 Problems! Help!

DaemoN

Camel Slug
Hey Hey!
I've got two lil' problems here:
My neogeo-cd 2nd player port seems to be busted or something, since the "A" button doesnt work (I'm using controllers that work 100%, obviously). I've inspected the controller board and I havent found anything that yells "hey! I'm broke!"... Any ideas? Any experts here that could help me? I can provide scans of the board if needed.
Now onto the 2nd problem:
this isnt really a problem, just a question - I want to add a s-video output to my neogeo home system, and I want to do it myself (seems to be not-so-hard to do). Anyone got schematics to provide me? I'd be very happy and grateful ^_^
Welp, that's all for now!
Thanks in advance

------------------
DaemoN
daemon@roarvgm.com
www.roarvgm.com

foxfire

New Challenger
Something is probably just loose inside.. I don't know what the controller ports look like on the inside of a Neo-Geo CD system, but I recently fixed the second player port on my Neo-Geo cart system.. more out of dumb luck than actually knowing what I was doing
smile.gif

Your problem sounds similar to what was wrong with my system.. All the buttons but the select button didn't work (but the controller itself was in perfect working condition) What I did is kind of hard to describe.. Behind the place to insert the controller (on the inside of the system) was a row of metal pin things.. (It might not be the same on the CD system) I pushed the first one in a certain direction while playing with the buttons that didn't work on the controller.. Eventually, I hit an angle that made the buttons on the controller work.. I pushed the pin kind of hard in that direction (not enough to bend it) and it has worked ever since..

I hope that helps..

-Kate

DaemoN

Camel Slug
Thanks for your reply
smile.gif

The NGCD has a pretty crappy internal design, so I can't perform a test like that with the system on
frown.gif

Boooohooooo

------------------
DaemoN
daemon@roarvgm.com
www.roarvgm.com

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by DaemoN:
Thanks for your reply
smile.gif

The NGCD has a pretty crappy internal design, so I can't perform a test like that with the system on
frown.gif

Boooohooooo

It sounds like the connections are dirty -- try using something to clean the pins off. A can of pressurized air might do the trick, but if you feel bold, you can
always use some alcohol deluded with distilled water (apply the solution to a Q-tip, but don't forget to ring the excesses fluid from it) and gently clean
them. This has worked for me in the past, but your problem could require repair. Have you ever removed your joystick from the joy port while the system was running? Neo CD systems lack proper grounding, and removing a joystick from the system while it's on could cause a shock to the system if you have static electricity in your hands.

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited December 01, 2000).]

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Food for thought: blow into the ends of your joysticks (i.e. the part where the male
connectors go) if my first suggestion doesn't work. Does anything happen when you
wiggle the joystick around in the port? Of course, you might want to be careful not to
loosen the joystick port inside the system. =)

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited December 01, 2000).]

DaemoN

Camel Slug
Well everything looks very "clean" (no visible dirt or rust anywhere) but the "A" button still refuses to work :|
I am pretty sad about this, I really wanted to play some 2-player games. Sometimes I feel like literally washing the board with isopropylic alcohol, hehehe
wink.gif

I dunno what to do, this piece of crap is getting me nuts!

------------------
DaemoN
daemon@roarvgm.com
www.roarvgm.com

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by DaemoN:
Well everything looks very "clean" (no visible dirt or rust anywhere) but the "A" button still refuses to work :|
I am pretty sad about this, I really wanted to play some 2-player games. Sometimes I feel like literally washing the board with isopropylic alcohol, hehehe
wink.gif

I dunno what to do, this piece of crap is getting me nuts!

Something could be grounding itself out. You might want to contact Jeff Kurtz about this matter; he's a technical Neo God.
wink.gif