KOF 13 Home Versions Wish List

vgg

Quiz Detective
1- Release before MvsC3 or risk it being DOA. I actually had to mine for KOF 12 online players.

2- Add some characters like in 12: Namely Yamazaki, Billy & Geese.

3- Fix the dmn online. I don't need every match in blister packaging (takes a minute before and another after). Implement rapid matches, if both me and the other want the next match with the same players, have a quick rematch option. playing only 15 matchs an hour is not fun.

4- Add a turbo option, 12 was tooooooo slowwww, I said 12 was toooo sloooowww (DK ref)

5- Have reasonable achievements, If there is a 'beat every character with every character', at least have an in-game matrix showing what you are missing. and 1400 online matches in a game that hardly has anyone left on the servers?

added:
6- Release a proper joypad for the 360, good luck doing a combo like the one at 5:08 withj ol'stiff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLh5GEKBXzM

7- Port to 3DS, if the GBA had KOF on it and the new Sonic 4 HD is being ported to the iPhone, then release a standerd def version for all those combo loven road warriors.

8- Add damage to supers (at least 30%), 12 was absurd with supers that do less damage than regular moves
----

What else?

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
1)Oswald 2) a SNK/ADK/& or Visco character(s) that has never been in a KOF before. My picks by co.: Rick S, anybody from GanGan, and Condor from Breakers. 3) Bugs patched.

vgg

Quiz Detective
I actuallly laughed at this...

Because you don't think it can happen? or that there is no way it can be DOA. How many online players are on 12 now?

I have friends with no interest in fighting games psyched about MvsC3, how many of 13 do you think SNKP would move if they release before MvsC3, and how many after?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Because you don't think it can happen? or that there is no way it can be DOA. How many online players are on 12 now?

I have friends with no interest in fighting games psyched about MvsC3, how many of 13 do you think SNKP would move if they release before MvsC3, and how many after?

People who play SNK fighters aren't going to jump ship for MvC3, and vice versa. Of course you have the people who play both, but they are going to simply play the better game. Coming out first is irrelevant.

vgg

Quiz Detective
People who play SNK fighters aren't going to jump ship for MvC3, and vice versa. Of course you have the people who play both, but they are going to simply play the better game. Coming out first is irrelevant.

Understandable...but many a great game was affected by the release date relative to more hyped games (Final Fantasy/God of War). Forgive the ignorance, but SNK fighters have a much smaller base than the Street Fighter horde. SNKP needs to break even, and releasing after a slug-fest-avle like MvsC3 will hurt sales significantly.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Because you don't think it can happen?

No I just think it's a pointless wish. I mean come on. Even if the game came out early enough it wouldn't matter because the people who want to play this are going to play it regardless of whatever x-fighting game title is out.

Hell I still play MoTW and I know nobody cares about it much anymore outside of the Neo Fanbase so yeah I laughed at the whole idea of thinking KoF13 is going to even have a chance vs the hype of Capcom's newest fighter regardless of weather it's released early or not...

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
OK, HERE'S WHAT I WANT:

1. OPTION FOR LARGE CHARACTER SPRITES AS THEY APPEARED IN KOFXII. NOT HAVING THIS KILLED MOST OF MY INTEREST IN THIS GAME.

2. ADDITIONAL CHARACTERS SUCH AS:
DUKE (BURNING FIGHT)
SENGOKU PLAYER 1 (1990 GAME)
THE SUPER SPY MAIN CHARACTER
SYO KIRISHIMA (KYO PROTOTYPE DESIGN)
SHIRTLESS GEESE (KOF 2000 STRIKER)
SHO, KIM, ROSA, JYAZU, GOZU, & MEZU (KIZUNA ENCOUNTER)
JIMMY, BILLY, MR. JONES, ABUBO, RADEL, PEPE (RAGE OF THE DRAGONS)
CHINNEN (POWER INSTINCT MATRIMELEE)
MAKOTO MIZOGUCHI (KARNOV'S REVENGE)
BILLY KANE, YAMAZAKI, RUGAL (94' VER. 1)
Laocorn Gaudeamus (FATAL FURY THE MOTION PICTURE)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Also, the idea of rushing the game to market is like begging for disaster. It's going to have enough bugs and mistakes without rushing it.

vgg

Quiz Detective
No I just think it's a pointless wish. I mean come on. Even if the game came out early enough it wouldn't matter because the people who want to play this are going to play it regardless of whatever x-fighting game title is out.

Hell I still play MoTW and I know nobody cares about it much anymore outside of the Neo Fanbase so yeah I laughed at the whole idea of thinking KoF13 is going to even have a chance vs the hype of Capcom's newest fighter regardless of weather it's released early or not...

I'm with you on that, I play 98 DM sessions with friends every other weekend (hope that PS2 lives long). But this isn't that team behind Ikagura, it's not 4 people doing their best hoping for the best, its SNKP, a company with 200 layers of management each hungry for a cut. If this game doesn't sell loads KOF is over.

And I know you mentioned fans will buy regardless, but 10000 worldwide sales wont cut it. Being released Jan or Feb will be like giving the rabid MvC3 zombies an appitizer, they will buy it if just to wait for their game, thats an easy 20-50K there. Release after and you lose that sale.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
What they should do is add more characters, remove the easy mode infinites, piss easy bugs/glitches and fix the online. Re-release the arcade version with the console version updates and call it a day.

Psycho_Kenshin

Par-Dak,
Because you don't think it can happen? or that there is no way it can be DOA.

I thought it was funny too, but because being DOA would make KoF a 3D fighting game series about busty ninja chicks.

Granted, KoF does have a busty ninja chick, but that doesn't make it DOA. :D

Reality Check

World Hero
Being released Jan or Feb will be like giving the rabid MvC3 zombies an appitizer, they will buy it if just to wait for their game, thats an easy 20-50K there. Release after and you lose that sale.

No it won't. It will suck as an appetizer as KoF plays nothing like a VS game.

Psycho_Kenshin

Par-Dak,
MvC3 timing issue aside, I would hope KoF XIII is out by early 2011. It'd be an unusually long wait between the arcade release and home version otherwise.

Granted, while we got KoF XII very quickly, the home version was bare bones and had online issues. None the less, by January or February 2011 it'll have been quite a while.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
If this game doesn't sell loads KOF is over.

I think you're underestimating the huge fanbase in many parts of the world. KoF has a large fucking following even to this day but they of course are 2nd teir compared to Capcom in the overall scale.

The Mexico scene alone is totally hooked on KoF that Capcom titles take a backseat to them. This mainly of course was that new Capcom titles were exspensive and MVS games were cheap/bootlegged and easy to load into a MVS cabinet.

But yeah Offtopic, the game will do decent and even with the worst case scenario you're looking at, KoF isn't going anywhere.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
I think he meant dead on arrival guys :p

Personally, I also think it needs a speed boost as compared to 12, it was just sooo sluggish IMO.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I wonder if SNKP has even heard of MVC3? When I think of this company I get a mental image of them trapped under a rock somewhere.

Fett

Camel Slug
The longer XIII takes to make it to console, the better IMO. A well polished game is always better than a rushed bare bones version. I haven't seen any news of a port yet and honestly wouldn't expect to til mid 2011 with a end of 2011 release date.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
My wish for KOF XIII is that it cost $15 and come with a free pack-in 320GB PS3. I don't need that Move shit, though. They can keep that.