Neo Geo Control Pad

lump505

Kabuki Klasher
All of a sudden my B button on my control pad stopped working. How do you remove the circuit board from the joystick apparatus?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Do you mean joystick or joypad actually? If you mean joystick (since I don't know about the pads) just gently peel away the foam pads, then the adhesive discs sticking them to the Neo, and with a screwdriver, you can break down the j-stick into lots of separate bits.

On one of my old-style sticks, the B-button actually came right off! and was moving around inside the joystick casing.

lump505

Kabuki Klasher
Thanks anyway but I was talking about the control pad not the stick. These damn pads are so expensive and are so delicate. Does anyone have any info?

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
YOULL NEED TO PULL IT HARD......A SCREWDRIVER OR SOMETHING......
THE PADS DIRECTIONAL UNIT IS JUST A STICK THAT HAS THE ROUND THING (D PAD) PUSHED ON IT REAL HARD......

ITS NOT EASY ITS A VERY "UNDELICATE" OPERATION.......YOU COULD DO IT FROM UNDER THE OPENED PAD (ADVISEABLE BUT VERY HARD) OR FROM THE TOP OF THE PAD.....MUCH EASIER, BUT YOULL DAMAGE THE PLASTIC OF THE DPAD (CIRCLE THING) UNLESS YOU ARE EXTREMELY GENTLE......AND BEING GENTLE WONT GET IT OFF.......

IT "WILL" COME OFF YOULL JUST NEED TO TAKE A DEEP BREATH TO NERVE YOURSELF TO TREAT YOUR PAD ROUGHLY!
HOPE IT HELPSO
DEVIL GUI