A couple of question I really need answering

SNKFreak

Banned
I'm working on my new MVS setup right now, and I'd like to know a couple thinds.

1. on a 2 slot board, there are 2 headphone jacks with three contact points each. 2 points are parallel and the third is on an angle of the first two, which are the left, right and ground contacts?

2. can anyone give me a diagram of the JAMMA connector contacts? I want to solder the leads directly to the board, but I dont know where or how.

Thanks alot.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
All what you always wanted to know about MVS and never dared to ask:

<a href="http://www.hardmvs.com" target="_blank">www.hardmvs.com</a>

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Originally posted by SNKFreak:
<strong>1. on a 2 slot board, there are 2 headphone jacks with three contact points each. 2 points are parallel and the third is on an angle of the first two, which are the left, right and ground contacts?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Supergoose79 posted these closeups of his own 2-slot a while back (I couldn't find the old links so I uploaded the pics I had on my HD, I hope he doesn't mind):

2slotheadphone.jpg

2slotheadphoneplugs.jpg

Customarily, "right" is red and "left" is white. Perhaps the black wire is left in his wiring (better ask him). Of course the 3rd pin will be ground (he probably took the ground from some other point on the board).
But you could easily find out yourself which pin is which: plug in your headphones, open them up and do a continuity test with the meter...easy as pie...

<strong>2. can anyone give me a diagram of the JAMMA connector contacts? I want to solder the leads directly to the board, but I dont know where or how.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The scheme is no doubt on harmvs.

SNKFreak

Banned
I dont mean for the JAMMA connector itself, I mean the solder contacts on the board.

Asure

Captain Dick,
Why solder ? Get a plug ! Don't solder on your mvs board!

AS for playing.. all you need is +5 +12 rgb and sync. Joypads go into the joyports.

If there's something else you are trying to do, enlighten me :)

- Alex

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Asure, he wants to make a MVS console, much like a Shadow4, so a jamma plug is ruled out...

<strong>I dont mean for the JAMMA connector itself, I mean the solder contacts on the board.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, it's almost the same thing: if you follow the traces from the golden pins you'll see that they go to small pads nearby:
neg5voltEdgeSM.jpg

You have to solder onto those:
2slotconnector.jpg

[ December 01, 2002: Message edited by: MKL ]</p>